HJ6x torque converter question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have two torque converters, both off A440F with 32mm pilot that matches the 2H/12HT engines.
Both are externally identical to TOY-29 as shown in TCS catalog page attached.

One converter has a pink paint mark on the hub side and I believe it is from a 12HT application. The other has a blue paint mark and I believe it came off a 2H.

Does anyone have any reference material showing the paint codes Toyota uses on these converters?

Also, of the six M8x1.25 bolts that secures the converter to the flex plate, Toyota calls for five of one p/n and the 6th is a different p/n.
Five bolts are black and the sixth is green, any idea why they did that?

Thanks
Pages from Converter_Cat1_43 copy.jpg

I have two torque converters, both off A440F with 32mm pilot that matches the 2H/12HT engines.
Both are externally identical to TOY-29 as shown in TCS catalog page attached.

One converter has a pink paint mark on the hub side and I believe it is from a 12HT application. The other has a blue paint mark and I believe it came off a 2H.

Does anyone have any reference material showing the paint codes Toyota uses on these converters?

Also, of the six M8x1.25 bolts that secures the converter to the flex plate, Toyota calls for five of one p/n and the 6th is a different p/n.
Five bolts are black and the sixth is green, any idea why they did that?

Thanks
View attachment 2384270
you ever get an answer here? Looking to sell of one of those Torque Converters? Need one for a 1989 FJ62, if one of these will fit!

Looking to sell of one of those Torque Converters? Need one for a 1989 FJ62, if one of these will fit!

The two converters I have are both off HJ60x and will not fit on a FJ62
I do have one that I pulled from a FJ62 many years ago but don't know exactly how many miles are on it.

Do you have a photo of your old converter that would show what paint markings are on it?

The two converters I have are both off HJ60x and will not fit on a FJ62
I do have one that I pulled from a FJ62 many years ago but don't know exactly how many miles are on it.

Do you have a photo of your old converter that would show what paint markings are on it?
No have not pulled it yet. Was trying to find a good replacement before I did. Found someone to rebuild like new, would you sell me yours to use as a core so I don't have any downtime?

The one I have was working when I pulled it, what is wrong with yours?

The one I have was working when I pulled it, what is wrong with yours?
Just bought the 62 and PO said it needed to be replaced. The truck runs and drives good. Transmission shifts through the gears good and you can feel it go into overdrive but you don't feel another shift around 50 mph for the lock up. Price for the working one you have?

please message me and we can discuss offline

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom