No headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I pulled grille, headlights, parking lights, corner lights, etc... when doing radiator, condenser, oil pump seal, crank seal, fan, fan clutch, trans cooler, starter, throttle body, intake manifold, egr resistor mod, fuel filter, PHH, PHH neighbor, heater valve, hoses under manifold, trans lines, valve cover gasket, PCV and grommet, Wit's End tapped coolant elbow... You get the idea.

Anyway, I put my headlights back in today an they don't come on. Neither high or low beam. Fuses are good under hood, bought a new relay bit didn't fix it. Grounds are good on the inner fender for both sides. Bulbs are LED and newish. Parking lamps and turn signals work. High beam indicator illuminates in the cluster.

I'm at a loss on this one.

Try changing back to the standard bulbs and see if they work instead of the LED's.

I can do that. All 4 LEDs worked perfect until I took the headlights out.

Do you hear the relay click when you switch the headlights on?
Have you checked the fuses?

Relay clicks, fuses good. Fusible links are good (less than year old)

I find it hard to believe all 4 LED lights just suddenly went out at the same time.

Last edited:
Relay clicks, fuses good. Fusible links are good (less than year old)

I find it hard to believe all 4 LED lights just suddenly went out at the same time.
With the headlight switch ON, you should see +12 on the RED/Light BLUE stripe wire to each headlamp. If you're getting +12, then there's a bad ground or the LED polarity is reversed.

With the headlight switch ON, you should see +12 on the RED/Light BLUE stripe wire to each headlamp. If you're getting +12, then there's a bad ground or the LED polarity is reversed.

I am officially an idiot (thankfully). I had hooked them up to the harnesses correctly, which was reversed polarity. Duh. Voltage was correct, fuses and relay good. I was the bad link. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom