Events/Trails LCDC 6 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our house and yard is covered in ash... we got super lucky with the timing of LCDC.

Wow... Hope the tide turns in that fire fight... I know we saw a lot of interesting post-fire regrowth from the 2012 fire, but... :-/

I was only able to make it to LCDC on Saturday, but I am so glad I went! Had a great time seeing familiar faces and getting to meet new people as well. Thanks to @Oakleyguy for leading our group on Bunce/T-33!

ACtC-3fuT_a3IVfHzj5NLowH5xXBMe-wSWW0LG_9lNenPZIhtsNMe4vtNk6nG86vbSnW6DCE0Km-QJ28Miz_RBPe61DuOIqFyG3Y-N2nLvEWu8L4kdrl3uZwXvckGR2ps327azHh4BSdgbGrnAC-pfra6mHEgQ=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3fBGNJrUpqbXQjIIxix2FGrnKu9MlmYBlYMrjyYGd5t806_tg3iBEzOvN5cJM8yCR_KAWfOqczq_uCyTYSzfz54jp5XmMaLar2Wru_1nCyOz1f6GCbJHasUhe64psyq3NLw31sWbLzSMxt49_hbcYUrog=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3dClilPvo5qJIeCAiuHJ-H0kH47K58og0cJARRnIFBKFtLQNBKI9AYxOMK22jI2o1aJa5H8W3tN2KCJKdWZtoHXMT99WJD1gkkI39PiIQ6zwnc9A-22ZZ3Osfpjaxz_slvTHFmoCyLW3GxsXV2yZnemHQ=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3cTKgxW2YWvhzyCRTqTdQ_Idimt_HmafQXHsNtE2iQ_gRWjv8KGdbvuw0d3YG6z6hJy8igqZXTqxm6HMVLZvgFsvVYQBtCEhTSRKe7T8xVBoIMBcVz_0VPVG0_qbeEtGJBQWfVMRL0INIk-EuoHVcXqfg=w703-h937-no

Bonus pic from my new buddy Alvaro. I think he's on the road still, but I think he has some great high res pics to be uploaded later!

bteeLriXw2wf1ezdml2uE7joSTHLn-rOOJXabshsFu0WG85xzDCYfLaOnwTRDkIFt4TXgX-gt3nnnSvQeQt_0BjXozblvlWyZCbv8mH2iMwueh7e6n3xBI50LXFUWXaX6i9LLS9g0Jh1tTTnNYQTV7g6VCVnLbhwtJ5Fv-yHnaLCtfVr2ZBa42PKjWcovbytfX7Ac5Y5mR0ifiN0JR333DnIyzrE86-UoIFnQl4KjylKiZjP8tPLx5Kh3hCHUHTy_H2MavEzl-r0Z6pvRxSCrUJtc6_dwMivcmhM7L_hZo0SSp5O7gXI-_BPJihG-QG9-p6nlzQNt7fxF2EPTHsei6a_sFBNaj8UVrN5Xi7YlK8G7xFqTmYRmlDzs46tAZmy-KhH8gF07Pl-V2V9JW8eRqEoO7hTbhSDowPJTfs_ia7e0tAGz4w9Itjgv3SE_LwKwqdNthlEN9brsBUSKIEFsiyLUi_XYx75VB0MMNaULyLFnJCcUp6yYr30EW8Ad2lCKRMIE8MuvhKkHAEnnif7aGv94lMX7KfCaH7NRadksswX5LoPXrysglzJrkqm8ucVeD20v-n2arB8kSKbAYdGbOTT6saVVCTlYaMJgrbXf57-if6aQ81R6GXiMaYqf16MzMojJMho9a4NuDKBs95M3RPvPPhvimNt16yIAOv3UltF1RjBv53zpUEhrtqDroA=w1124-h750-no

@Alvaro1810 was kind enough to snap some action shots from the trail and send to me, so to build on the above post here are a couple more:

ACtC-3cFSo3MGn4d2FPBIFgib80Dhj87lZ1DDvsH_wM1Zy7e-0j4AfRx2VA2N-yP9hZ3TX3-ULW863fa6xoQN4A0mcJQPis5gnpIRorvR8q52uMFjZxe-NWJhMRScsBZ3SWJkYvVQALKUlWekDvg6J49jLmb6A=w1280-h854-no

ACtC-3cVq4NFJLBqm3rMd5PA22JtuxJhu3s5nvHNI2iR5ImGMChykT4lJlyXlfX1gnvj_vo_ePBl0TsO86cnyqeCiJ007WZEJOuSIhX0qt1BPKwsExTLdHh92Mhjx2dkO75h7nikNrfV1iyeFioW87dRXXyNHw=w953-h746-no

ACtC-3eY7eOx2VImqLfBvjGu9ipLpfZ16fJDsRnhGajw1AJvRDZLjsKzPcZpUwQNCIit5F67aXuItUIMKuGrSjvctFvVWXp5OqMzGrA65OnE6nBd0-MPVpanQScWVU91AmsZF6TTDjUTkmBW_eh7zrpOSwi6qw=w1280-h854-no

ACtC-3ekVntEhj-Y9ttHoRMN9Qyw7E_6yPEYJSlZerjCvdntWHBSVQD6tf-CfM-o84v2TTiF8TMnGchYslgE7XGyjcSwKac4zQmZfiRe-fxzyoUygZ_OpUzpgAaTM-5bn5QKoDQsUyk5eaRmncEsw-Lqx84VSQ=w1148-h766-no

First off I just want to add my appreciation as a first time LCDC attendee that @indycole and @codyaustin5 put this event together. It must take a tremendous amount of time under the best of circumstances and we all recognize this wasn't that, it was a lot more. Thanks to you guys.

LCDC was the last stop of a five week trip through CO that included 29 nights of dispersed camping on the way to Fort Collins. My wife and daughter took on the responsibilities of trip photographer and navigator respectively and we worked as a team together enjoying every minute of the adventure. The list of places we went and things we experienced along the way were many and included these just from the Funtreks books:

Medano Pass
Peru Creek
Weston Pass
Webster Pass
Engineer Pass
Mineral Creek
Aspen Mountain and Richmond Hill
Chalk Mountain
Stony Pass
Slaughterhouse Gulch
Old Flowers Road
Sevenmile Creek
Moody Hill
Greer Road
Kelly Flats
North Sand Hills*slee overnight
Green Ridge Road*slee overnight

Doing all those trails plus many other random MVUMs and spending lots of nights around 11,000ft with the family in a two-person tent always felt like an adventure but those last two trails really took it to another level. @use2bn83 and Amory led us into the heart of darkness quite literally and in the process gave us a day and night the three of us will always remember the trip by. I know anytime the @sleeoffroad boys offer to lead us on an adventure you can count this family in! @Eric Sarjeant, Joel and Larry were fantastic company on this overnight and it was a real pleasure getting to know them along the way.

@Oakleyguy and @Cliffordbf deserve a shout out for a great job looking after our group on Kelly Flats and @linuxgod and family get a big thanks for all the great photos along the way.

Event feedback

-Fort Collins was a very impressive little city, Covid kept us up in the hills at night but there is a lot to do there and we will be back post pandemic for sure.
-I thought the Sched app was great
-It's more work to arrange this but if a whole campground could be pre-booked it would really enhance the experinace to be surrounded by others in the group that you may not be on trails with durring the day. It's also a lot of fun for us to see how others have dialed in their camping set ups.
-I'd be down for a smaller more ambitious and difficult expedition type trip if there is ever a splinter group with this mindset. Maybe as an add-on pre or post the main event or if it were to split into two events at different times of the year with different goals for each.

I'll upload some LCDC pics to the common link but I'll lead with just a couple from our trip up to LCDC to wrap this up. To the rest of the folks we either didn't get to meet or spend much time with I look forward to a no holds barred LCDC 7 and putting that right.
66AC481A-5C78-4C73-BC76-C6CCFCF69DBD_1_201_a.jpeg
719BA8E2-E613-4FD3-BC1C-183E61CB9F16_1_201_a.jpeg
67B5A8CF-D40A-4E1F-8D77-D44B94F5866E.jpeg
7A3D01E3-890B-426D-BA32-617CAF1ABEE0.JPG

Here to help! (I think!)

Providing info here:
Here's how this will work: simply drop your photos and videos into the appropriate folder on this Google Drive link. It's easy — sort your photos by day and drop them in! I'll take care of the rest.

Let's see if you can do this over the next couple weeks, by 8/24?

In a few days, the final website hosted on Smugmug will start to take shape but only based on your contributions - so get to uploading! (FYI, here's last year's site to get an idea of what it'll look like)

Shoot me a PM if you have any trouble at all! Thanks for posting and sharing photos!

I'd be down for a smaller more ambitious and difficult expedition type trip if there is ever a splinter group with this mindset. Maybe as an add-on pre or post the main event or if it were to split into two events at different times of the year with different goals for each.

A few years back there was a small group that did the "LCXC" (eXpedition, vs Destination) down to Baja. It was earlier in the year so not part of the LCDC, but everyone was a 200 forum member and regular poster at the time. It would be fun if someone wanted to restart that.

A few years back there was a small group that did the "LCXC" (eXpedition, vs Destination) down to Baja. It was earlier in the year so not part of the LCDC, but everyone was a 200 forum member and regular poster at the time. It would be fun if someone wanted to restart that.

Fun trip it was...

First off I just want to add my appreciation as a first time LCDC attendee that @indycole and @codyaustin5 put this event together. It must take a tremendous amount of time under the best of circumstances and we all recognize this wasn't that, it was a lot more. Thanks to you guys.

LCDC was the last stop of a five week trip through CO that included 29 nights of dispersed camping on the way to Fort Collins. My wife and daughter took on the responsibilities of trip photographer and navigator respectively and we worked as a team together enjoying every minute of the adventure. The list of places we went and things we experienced along the way were many and included these just from the Funtreks books:

Medano Pass
Peru Creek
Weston Pass
Webster Pass
Engineer Pass
Mineral Creek
Aspen Mountain and Richmond Hill
Chalk Mountain
Stony Pass
Slaughterhouse Gulch
Old Flowers Road
Sevenmile Creek
Moody Hill
Greer Road
Kelly Flats
North Sand Hills*slee overnight
Green Ridge Road*slee overnight

Doing all those trails plus many other random MVUMs and spending lots of nights around 11,000ft with the family in a two-person tent always felt like an adventure but those last two trails really took it to another level. @use2bn83 and Amory led us into the heart of darkness quite literally and in the process gave us a day and night the three of us will always remember the trip by. I know anytime the @sleeoffroad boys offer to lead us on an adventure you can count this family in! @Eric Sarjeant, Joel and Larry were fantastic company on this overnight and it was a real pleasure getting to know them along the way.

@Oakleyguy and @Cliffordbf deserve a shout out for a great job looking after our group on Kelly Flats and @linuxgod and family get a big thanks for all the great photos along the way.

Event feedback

-Fort Collins was a very impressive little city, Covid kept us up in the hills at night but there is a lot to do there and we will be back post pandemic for sure.
-I thought the Sched app was great
-It's more work to arrange this but if a whole campground could be pre-booked it would really enhance the experinace to be surrounded by others in the group that you may not be on trails with durring the day. It's also a lot of fun for us to see how others have dialed in their camping set ups.
-I'd be down for a smaller more ambitious and difficult expedition type trip if there is ever a splinter group with this mindset. Maybe as an add-on pre or post the main event or if it were to split into two events at different times of the year with different goals for each.

I'll upload some LCDC pics to the common link but I'll lead with just a couple from our trip up to LCDC to wrap this up. To the rest of the folks we either didn't get to meet or spend much time with I look forward to a no holds barred LCDC 7 and putting that right.

I envy your journey prior to LCDC. I would love to spend more time in CO exploring all the fun trail listed on Funtreks. Ouray/telluride/silverton/lake city is still on my list. We probably meet promptly during LCDC opening night. Having a family as part of the team is very important. I might scare the heck out of my wife on my adventure up Engineer pass from Mineral creek. I hope she might be able to join me on LCDC VII. Maybe joint the challenge trip from @sleeoffroad crews.

Thanks for your tips on Webster Pass. I did have a great day on my detour drive to Ft Collins.

I envy your journey prior to LCDC. I would love to spend more time in CO exploring all the fun trail listed on Funtreks. Ouray/telluride/silverton/lake city is still on my list. We probably meet promptly during LCDC opening night. Having a family as part of the team is very important. I might scare the heck out of my wife on my adventure up Engineer pass from Mineral creek. I hope she might be able to join me on LCDC VII. Maybe joint the challenge trip from @sleeoffroad crews.

Thanks for your tips on Webster Pass. I did have a great day on my detour drive to Ft Collins.
I'm glad the snow melted for you, we were mid-July and just about two weeks too early to get across Webster or Pearl Passes. Strange how the snow melts last on the south side of the mountain. Definitely looking forward to VII!

This looks like a lot of fun and I'm planning on attending. I've never done any kind of event like this before. I've really not done any serious off roading. My LC is mostly stock with T13 bumper and slee sliders but no lift. I know there will be a full range of tails available but currently I'm running Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread P265/65R18 which are great street tires and good for rain, slush and ice but an off road tire they are not. While someday I'll get a set of off road tires, I don't plan on doing that until after I add a 2" lift. That won't be before LCDC. Would this be a mistake or should I really think about different tires for this event?
How is the quality of the ride with no lift and the bumpers? I have a 16 and want a front bumper but like you have no lift.

How is the quality of the ride with no lift and the bumpers? I have a 16 and want a front bumper but like you have no lift.
I ended up doing lift, wheels and tires before LCDC and I’m glad I did. The pre-lift ride was ok as a daily on road vehicle. The rake was a little worse and I think the braking nose dive was also worse. It wasn’t so bad that I felt I had to do something because of it. I did the lift and wheels because I wanted to. I will say the ride and handling are much better now with BP-51 but I think that would have happened with or without a front bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom