Events/Trails Over the Mountain Tour - 8/20-23 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

10 year old Owen wants me to ask if any of you are bringing your kids along? Right now he's planning to come with me and my daughter might join us.
This is my only trip they don’t.

All the campsites are spots in the woods so I should bring everything I would need for rustic camping and probably bring some firewood since you cant cut anything in the forest areas? Sound about right? Need to prep the GF for the conditions.

All the campsites are spots in the woods so I should bring everything I would need for rustic camping and probably bring some firewood since you cant cut anything in the forest areas? Sound about right? Need to prep the GF for the conditions.
The club stove will be accessible to attendees, but ultimately you should be self sufficient

I’ll be bringing my trailer, and a good bit of firewood. Also bringing my camp chef stove as well, it will be available for others to use along with the club stove.

First one, wooooooo! Haven't even taken the shears to it yet.
IMG_20200815_095004~2.jpg

Im headed to the shop in about an hr and should be there most of the day if anyone wants to do some last minute maintenance or just wants to change their oil.
Also I still haven’t nailed down our route. I know where we will start and where we will finish but in between will get nailed down today and tomorrow. I’m planning on leaving Wednesday afternoon to secure our first camp spot or at least have time to post up a backup if the spot is filled. With the whole virus thing you never know how busy some of these places might be.

Im headed to the shop in about an hr and should be there most of the day if anyone wants to do some last minute maintenance or just wants to change their oil.
Also I still haven’t nailed down our route. I know where we will start and where we will finish but in between will get nailed down today and tomorrow. I’m planning on leaving Wednesday afternoon to secure our first camp spot or at least have time to post up a backup if the spot is filled. With the whole virus thing you never know how busy some of these places might be.
I’d take you up on the shop offer except the whole two hours to get their thing. LOL

Last edited:
Weather looks typical. High 70’s and lows in the mid 60’s at night for the first few. Then the last day or so we will be in the high 60’s during the day and mid 50’s at night. Should be perfect temperature wise. Right now there is a chance of rain every day but that is to be expected in the mountains during the summer. Be prepared for rain. The club will have the big canopy and I’m sure we will fashion some tarp additions to it just incase. Be prepared for it to be cold. Bring something to swim in as there will be at least one day we will have a really nice chilly river to swim in.
I have the cabin off hwy 215 in balsam grove if The weather on the mountain turns bad or we want a nice place to really have fun that has power, water and a real toilet. I even have a makeshift shower. Plus it’s usually where we do our big group meal.
Steve and I both have electric chainsaws so no need to bring anything else gas powered.

One thing I would like for everyone to bring is their own chairs. I’m not going to be keen on sharing my chair with kids who’s parents didn’t pack them a chair.
Looking forward to having a good time. Can’t wait to get back into the woods.

Do I need a license to use this? Took the CB out yesterday since they're no longer en vogue.
Technically, you need a license to transmit. Nothing to listen. Great starter hardware and incentive to get licensed later and upgrade as needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom