Help with rear side leaf bolt removal??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks all. An angle grinder seems to have worked the best and fastest. Finally got it. On to the next 3. What a brute though!
I had to angle grind all of mine. I spent way to much time trying every method on each one and still had a difficult time to get them far enough out to even angle grind them. So much fun especially when every suspension DIY thread says how easy it is lol.

You need voodoo magic to remove those things.

For what it's worth, I sprayed PB Blaster on them for a week solid, prior to removing them. They slid right on out. "Caveat" I'm located in Texas so rust really isn't an issue where I'm located.

I had one stubborn one, so burned them out using a big propane weed burner torch. Melted to liquid in about 15 to 20 seconds.

For what it's worth, I sprayed PB Blaster on them for a week solid, prior to removing them. They slid right on out. "Caveat" I'm located in Texas so rust really isn't an issue where I'm located.

Yep, same. Medium size Big F Hammer.... "tap, tap.....'ping' 'ping' 'ping' " ( "ping", if you don't know, is proper nomenclature for ejected hardware bouncing and skidding down the driveway :hillbilly: )

Yep, same. Medium size Big F Hammer.... "tap, tap.....'ping' 'ping' 'ping' " ( "ping", if you don't know, is proper nomenclature for ejected hardware bouncing and skidding down the driveway :hillbilly: )
You guys are so lucky. I truly tried everything. I had to give up for a day when I was laying on my side swinging a BFH and was beating on it like it owed me money, then missed a swing and swung that BFH right into my hip. I didn't get out from under the truck for at least 20 mins. I don't bruise easily and that was the largest I've gotten in a long time.

You guys are so lucky. I truly tried everything. I had to give up for a day when I was laying on my side swinging a BFH and was beating on it like it owed me money, then missed a swing and swung that BFH right into my hip. I didn't get out from under the truck for at least 20 mins. I don't bruise easily and that was the largest I've gotten in a long time.

Haha....well I failed to mention when I was trying to horse the new rear springs into place, the crowbar slipped out and slapped me across the forehead late at night. It was beer:30 at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom