What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

no , not me

however i have a cache of land cruiser related you tube videos set for public viewing , such as approx 75+ OEM Radios Bench Test Videos , like i use in my classifieds you may have seen ....

also , some various random topic tech ones

but im NO vo-tech teacher on you tube .......... :meh:

rather , i would like to drive any of my various Toyota vehicles right over my digital camera while VIDEO turned on and see what happens from there ...........

that one 10 second clip , made me hit back and watch it again like 4 times , now i want to do it bad .........:D

we shall see what tomorrow brings mr. Tstepp :)
Sorry that was for trainwreck517

it always fascinates me when someone here on MUD sets a New and exciting BAR , for the rest of the membership to enjoy and get inspired by and motivated by at various levels ...........

i do not ever recall seeing a live real time Video in my personal favorite Thread here on MUD :

" What have you done to your your Land Cruiser This week "
:)

simply put : Good Show @trainwreck517 :popcorn:

@ToyotaMatt Thanks for the kind words!

trainwreck517 did you post a video on youtube about leveling the "cruiser lean"?

@tstepp920 Yea, that was me. Never got around to doing a build thread, just a few posts on this thread. Recently got a go-pro, so started doing some video to archive my progress on my projects.

Great vid, that is what it is all about! Thanks for sharing. Hey what kind of suction cup thingy are you using to hold your phone? I need to get one of those👍 Thanks Tom

@tls3601 Thanks, actually using that for my Fitech Fuel Injection display. It is something similar to:

Amazon product ASIN B06ZZWYQF7

@ToyotaMatt Thanks for the kind words!

@tstepp920 Yea, that was me. Never got around to doing a build thread, just a few posts on this thread. Recently got a go-pro, so started doing some video to archive my progress on my projects.

@tls3601 Thanks, actually using that for my Fitech Fuel Injection display. It is something similar to:

Amazon product ASIN B06ZZWYQF7
Thanks. I am taking it you are digging the fuel injection? I think a Sniper is in the future for the ‘76.

Thanks. I am taking it you are digging the fuel injection? I think a Sniper is in the future for the ‘76.

Yea, I have Fitech Fuel Injection in two cars now. So far they've worked well and no issues. Driving from sea level to little over 8,000ft on a carb would have been interesting and possibly problematic.

I've heard good thing things about Holly Sniper, the important bit will be the fuel delivery. Since the tank is under the seat, I opted to have a surge tank in the engine bay with a high pressure pump. So mechanical low pressure carb pump feeds the surge tank, and then the surge tank high pressure pump feeds the fuel injection. Surge tank has a return to the main tank.

This helps with:
1. Fuel starvation from sloshing or steep climbing as surge tank holds about 1.5L of gas
2. No cabin noise from a fuel pump under the passenger seat

I replaced the original radiator and frame with a griffin radiator. Welded some brackets together to hold it in place. Also added a flexalite fan.

C8053217-05F0-4758-82EB-4B11E5348173.jpeg

CLR and 0000 steel wool works really well to. It's much quicker than the naval jelly. I had a 66 and took all the rust off the paint with CLR and steel wool.

Looking great!
Thanks for the tip. Tried the CLR, it is certainly faster acting, but it didn't seem to penetrate as deeply even when I left it sit on there. You cloud still detect an orange tint to the white paint. I went back and finished with Naval Jelly and now it seems as bright white as it could be. Just my two cents, thanks again for the tip.

Thanks for the tip. Tried the CLR, it is certainly faster acting, but it didn't seem to penetrate as deeply even when I left it sit on there. You cloud still detect an orange tint to the white paint. I went back and finished with Naval Jelly and now it seems as bright white as it could be. Just my two cents, thanks again for the tip.
Definitely rinse it after scrubbing with CLR.

Truck looks awesome!

A little evening work. USPS just delivered the package. New front and rear light covers and rear reflectors. Another good day! 👍
View attachment 2403401View attachment 2403402
Where'd you get the mesh stone guards on your headlights, if you don't mind me asking? Have been looking, myself, but apparently not in the right places... Thanks! Very nice 40, by the way!

Where'd you get the mesh stone guards on your headlights, if you don't mind me asking? Have been looking, myself, but apparently not in the right places... Thanks! Very nice 40, by the way!
Thanks. Unfortunately, I don’t know. I was lucky enough to have them on when I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom