How weird will my LX470 look with BIOR rear bumper with Tire carrier and no front bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My stock spare tire carrier is rusted solid. Probably going to have it cut off with a torch. Mike's BIOR bumper seeks awesome and is within my budget. I don't feel the need for a front bumper yet. So what do you think?

I think it would look okay. Maybe do a hidden winch on the stock front bumper?

My stock spare tire carrier is rusted solid. Probably going to have it cut off with a torch. Mike's BIOR bumper seeks awesome and is within my budget. I don't feel the need for a front bumper yet. So what do you think?
Mine was bad too. Found a guy Local who got rid of his after getting a bumper. Not really sure why he removed his but wasn’t going to ask questions for 70 bucks. Told my mechanic to deal with getting the rusty bolts off to remove the old one. If you’re not jonesing to spend dough on a bumper

I've been rocking a BIO rear bumper with factory front for years on my 99 LC. Love it. Mike makes an awesomely stout bumper and it looks great with or without a front to match. Additionally he goes out of his way to support community events for the 100 crowd. Good guy and awesome product. Buy it!

DSC_0011s.jpg

I've been rocking a BIO rear bumper with factory front for years on my 99 LC. Love it. Mike makes an awesomely stout bumper and it looks great with or without a front to match. Additionally he goes out of his way to support community events for the 100 crowd. Good guy and awesome product. Buy it!

View attachment 2402634
How far does the tire on the rear carrier protrude? I wonder if I'll still fit in my garage with a rear bumper/tire carrier.

How far does the tire on the rear carrier protrude? I wonder if I'll still fit in my garage with a rear bumper/tire carrier.
Just ran out to check. My BIO tire sticks out a hair over 15" from the lower part of the upper hatch. My Dissent rear on the 06LX is at about 16, but I think there's some adjustment that could pull that in a touch. The BIO is well adjusted to be about as "tight" as possible. That's a 285/75/16 tire.

I have a dissent rear bumper and factory front with a hidden winch and some square ridged lights. I think it looks great. But, then again, I’m weird.

F271A345-FB8D-4D04-BE6B-9EA641440593.jpeg

I have a dissent rear bumper and factory front with a hidden winch and some square ridged lights. I think it looks great. But, then again, I’m weird.

View attachment 2402652
Is that a fire extinguisher on the outside of your rig?

Also IMO your rear tire isn't centered in the wheel well

Is that a fire extinguisher on the outside of your rig?

Also IMO your rear tire isn't centered in the wheel well
It's a CO2 bottle that happened to be red. Last time I exchanged it, they gave me a grey one. Looks better now.

Not sure about the rear being centered. Maybe it's the perspective from the photo? You mean fore and aft or up and down?

It's a CO2 bottle that happened to be red. Last time I exchanged it, they gave me a grey one. Looks better now.

Not sure about the rear being centered. Maybe it's the perspective from the photo? You mean fore and aft or up and down?

He means fore/aft.

It may be the pic making it look moreso, but lifting the truck will rotate the rear axle and in turn, pushes the hub forward a bit. The correction for this, as far as I know, is a set of adjustable or just slightly longer control arms to rock the axle back to center.

Thanks! Mike put on my sliders and a full set of skid plates. He is awesome. It's so nice to be within 2 hours driving distance from Mike and Slee. I'm going to see if he can remove my old spare which is rotted and leave the mechanism in place, then install his rear bumper with tire carrier. If I ever move back into the mountains I'll put on an ARB combo bar / elk catcher in the front.

Thanks again,

Chuck

It will look just as weird as my 100 with a Dissent front bumper and stock rear. ;)

FWIW, like @Pucker5 said, original tire carriers are available from guys who ditch theirs when they go to a bumper. I sold mine off because my spare wouldn't even fit and I decided to remove it.

But, don't let me take away an excuse to buy toys 😁

It will look just as weird as my 100 with a Dissent front bumper and stock rear. ;)

Not as weird as mine with a big ass ARB front and no rear!

My truck looks like a beaver.

Not as weird as mine with a big ass ARB front and no rear!

My truck looks like a beaver.

LLOL - Literally laughed out loud.

" Also IMO your rear tire isn't centered in the wheel well "

The wheel moves forward as you lift the truck without stretching the lower control arm.

How heavy and $$$ is that rear bumber? I got rid of the tow hitch and engine beauti-cover.

Last edited:
He means fore/aft.

It may be the pic making it look moreso, but lifting the truck will rotate the rear axle and in turn, pushes the hub forward a bit. The correction for this, as far as I know, is a set of adjustable or just slightly longer control arms to rock the axle back to center.

Oh, right. I understand now. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm actually not as lifted as it looks in the pic. Sometimes, when I park it looks jacked up after I unpack everything. Perhaps that's what's going on. It's only 1.25 over stock with the AHC lift - 21" from hub to fender in the front, 21.75" rear. Been running it like this for a while now. Hopefully that doesn't cause too much trouble.

Biggest issues from my understanding would be vibrations accelerating uphill or some torque steer. I have replaced all of my rear control arms with adjustables from @TRAIL TAILOR and have none of those issues any longer.

If your truck is driving fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

Biggest issues from my understanding would be vibrations accelerating uphill or some torque steer. I have replaced all of my rear control arms with adjustables from @TRAIL TAILOR and have none of those issues any longer.

If your truck is driving fine, I wouldn't worry about it.
I think it looks weird but that's just me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom