Random chit chat thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Andy can't make the next club run.....

Screenshot_20200720-161259.png

Seems like a story there...

I have friends who have a “rescue Pitt bull” in the sense that they were moving, and this poor dog and lived her whole puppyhood chained to a spike in their neighbors yard, rarely fed, never walked or payed any attention to, aside from to be yelled at to stop barking. Just skin and bones. So the night before they moved they stole the dog.

There is a story there. Just rest assured that "cookie" is till with us 15 years later. She's a black cat, and looked like a bowling ball on legs, before we put her on a diet.

When I lived in Oakland, I did the same thing your friend did. I had a friend whose a-hole neighbors left their dog chained up, at all times, to a tree, on a short lead.
The poor thing was miserable. I took it, and found it a new loving home. Yup, I'm a dognapper!

Last edited:
More interesting new Bronco lore

So much cool in this article.

"I knew she was a good one" is my favorite part.

Reactions: caz
Here is your chance to bust my balls or be helpful. I'm a cat guy and we are looking to get a fancy pedigree cat. Anyone have one? What is it and tell me all about it?

Here are our current three:
IMG_4334edit.JPG

Diesel (eldest) in front is a classic tabby. Ember (middle) to the right back is a tortoiseshell. Bob (youngest) to the left back is a mackerel tabby. It's interesting the personalities associated with the coloration. Anyone who has had a "tortie" can tell you about "tortitude" - the attitude a tortie has.

In the past we've had one to three cats and sometimes a dog as well. Typically, the cats have gotten along better with the dogs than the other cats.

Here is your chance to bust my balls or be helpful. I'm a cat guy and we are looking to get a fancy pedigree cat. Anyone have one? What is it and tell me all about it?
if you have your heart set on a pedigree I'd recommend an Abyssinain, coolest cat I have had!
Abyssinian cat - Wikipedia
They're smart, affectionate, very playful and have short hair! I hate cat hair all over the place. Mine had a lot of adventures; jumped off a 15 story balcony in NY, killed a pigeon on the way down and lived to tell about it. Escaped from the hotel room in the rain forrest in Costa Rica while we were exploring Parque National Manuel Antonio. He came back to the room around 10:30 pm like nothing lol. Got through the basement using the rafters into a neighbor's house when I lived in philly. Caught a couple mice at my current home. all and all great Cat, he lived about 13 years.

Norwegian forest cat, the base bread for MCs.
picked one up as a stray....very sociable, and very active in everyday family life, not quite as large as MCs...our male tipped the scales at 24lbs.
Just to share. Were on a list for a Siberian. I think they are closely related to the MC and Norwegian.

Two items- the Tom Cat Diner is closed and a big for sale sign is out front. I didn’t think they would survive.
Truckco in Leesport Pa is still in business. They specialize in rebuilding starters and alternators.. roughly 30 years ago they rebuilt a Peugeot alternator for me and it lasted at least another 125,000 miles that I know of. Later on I showed up with a starter, they checked it out for free, sold me a set of brushes and explained to me how easy it is to solder them in. Good place, I’ll soon be getting my alternator over to them for a going over.

First time I’ve used a hi-lift for something that wasn’t wildly sketchy.

View attachment 2400175

That’s a fancy handle you have there! Bout 20 years ago I lifted up the corner of my barn less than an inch, to repair the foundation. The thing still has a bit of a bend in it. Makes it look cooler.

Two items- the Tom Cat Diner is closed and a big for sale sign is out front. I didn’t think they would survive.
It was actually for sale for along time. Like last year possibly.
If you look at their Facebook page they are doing take outs with some limited hours. Definitely open. I bet no dine in though.

Todays youth aren't lost in todays music at all. These twins listen to every genre but this is one that gained the most reaction. These two know music.

It was actually for sale for along time. Like last year possibly.
If you look at their Facebook page they are doing take outs with some limited hours. Definitely open. I bet no dine in though.
Yea, they’ve been trying to sell it for at least a year. It just looks boarded up and empty now, with a big Remax sign.. sad, it was a good place.

You know, I've kind of started to look forward to the Hagerty Articles!

Here is another good one -

I agree, Andy! I moved my insurance to them on my 40 a few years ago and I also read these!

You know, I've kind of started to look forward to the Hagerty Articles!

Here is another good one -

There is a Jack Williams right next to my work and I have been pretty happy with them so far.

Saw this today and though for sure someone here could use it!

Went to Cabela’s in Hamburg on the way home saw this t shirt as soon as I walked in - I purchased it.

48D3A14B-CE42-4FBB-82A7-487902E0AED0.jpeg

Went to Cabela’s in Hamburg on the way home saw this t shirt as soon as I walked in - I purchased it.

If only the fish was on a surfboard...

Truckco in Leesport Pa is still in business. They specialize in rebuilding starters and alternators.. roughly 30 years ago they rebuilt a Peugeot alternator for me and it lasted at least another 125,000 miles that I know of. Later on I showed up with a starter, they checked it out for free, sold me a set of brushes and explained to me how easy it is to solder them in. Good place, I’ll soon be getting my alternator over to them for a going over.

Sorry to hear about the Tom Cat - we definitely enjoyed the food at the meeting.

My parents had a 1974(?) Peugeot 504 station wagon when I was growing up. Learned to drive on that thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom