Events/Trails August 2020 Club Run to Hunter Lake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
What: Day Run
When: Saturday August 15, 2020 @9AM
Trailboss: @Krusty Krab or @Tony_Farson
Where: Hunter Lake, NV
Meet Up: Raley's Parking Lot: 4788 Caughlin Pkwy, Reno, NV 89519.
Travel Times: 4-5 hours, 16.6 mi. 4,801 ft Ascent / 1,726 ft Descent
What to Bring: Chairs, lunch, water, HAM radio if you have one tuned to 146.460 for vehicle:vehicle coms.

Details
This is a leisurely stock run with a couple of challenging spots. We did this run in July 2019 and the trip was quite beautiful. You can choose to exit the same way we go in or continue up to the radio tower overlooking Verdi and the I80. Exiting this route dumps you out at Boomtown.

1594353475128.png

Last edited:
I would love to. Everything is being held up right now by waiting for the new vintage air unit I bought but still haven't received. I'm having fun fixing and replacing all kinds of other stuff in the meantime, but I'm getting antsy to finish it up. This trip is in August so there's a chance I finish by then, if so I'm going to try and make it. Also I need to make it out to a meeting and officially join the club. Can I join even though I haven't been on any runs, etc.?

I'll be full, but I bet you can jump in with someone else. We won't leave you behind if you show up... No promises on HOW you'll be positioned for the trail though...

1594402643558.png

Some folks from Toyotally Awesome Cruisers may join us again for this run. I plan to peel off the main group to explore some of the other trails once we finish lunch at Hunter Lake. Everyone is welcome, but I expect the exploring to take a couple of hours or more over the normal trip.

airon23- you welcome to ride with me if I go. Still need to get on the Rubicon this year and not sure what dates are going to line up with the stars.

If I end up going you are welcome to ride with me too @airon23

Tony, what other trails are you thinking about? Only ever been to the lake and back down same direction and like I said that was years ago.

There is a path out that drops you onto pavement across the freeway from Boomtown. There's also a trail called Bronco Creek trail and is part of NF100 and several other smaller looping trails as well. The purple trail below is the trail to Boomtown...

1594833844427.png

The yellow trail below is Garson Rd and Section Corner Spur F. NF100 is green. I want to check out the termination point for the yellow trail, but there may be a gate at the bottom in "Floreston Properties" like there is at the bottom of NF100. I am ok turning around if need be. The blue trail is takes you to Bronco Creek and I want to explore it to the end too.

1594834165226.png

OK, so looking at a half day to full day adventure ride depending on how things pan out.
I have fished in the Floriston area before and know there is a bridge that you can cross that leads to a power station. If I remember correctly the road continues on past the power station BUT has a locked gate.

We are in. I think my parents may come as well in their 4runner. We'll see... they have a way of flaking out last minute. lol

Hey @Dan Dominy ! It took us about 4 hours with an hour stop at Hunter Lake for lunch.

1597071677058.png

Here's the Track from the last trip if you want to dig a little deeper.

Hey @Dan Dominy ! It took us about 4 hours with an hour stop at Hunter Lake for lunch.

Here's the Track from the last trip if you want to dig a little deeper.

Thanks Tony, I'm a part time member of Totally Awesome, but also live in Incline. Working out who wants to ride along but certainly hope to join you. Best Dan

Thanks Tony, I'm a part time member of Totally Awesome, but also live in Incline. Working out who wants to ride along but certainly hope to join you. Best Dan

Hey now Dan! You are Nevadan and not a member of Battle Born Cruisers? Come on man! @hairy_apple (Ryan) doesn't need you in his club anyways. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom