SAS Solid Axle Summit #4 Official Thread 2020 (1 Viewer)

SAS #4 Color Choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ChickenDaddy, I am in Richardson. Could not make it this year. Long story. Perhaps we can connect one of these days.

Actually @The Eradicator gave me a ride into town to buy that one from Harbor Freight yesterday morning, I drove back to town this morning in the 62 to return it.
Only lost one day of trail time!
Today’s damage on Imogene, rear diff cross pin let go. I planned for this though and carry a spare. Pretty fast repair. Unfortunately now I don’t have a spare for my Rubicon run this week so I guess I’ll have to drive more carefully!

66F8D632-27B7-4C10-BF0F-4096D2C11DA5.jpeg
108FDEF9-3F43-41BE-A6CE-1AF2950CC9E2.jpeg
90808503-4EB0-44E2-AC3E-A8687120DA75.jpeg

Actually @The Eradicator gave me a ride into town to buy that one from Harbor Freight yesterday morning, I drove back to town this morning in the 62 to return it.
Only lost one day of trail time!
Today’s damage on Imogene, rear diff cross pin let go. I planned for this though and carry a spare. Pretty fast repair. Unfortunately now I don’t have a spare for my Rubicon run this week so I guess I’ll have to drive more carefully!

View attachment 2396935View attachment 2396936View attachment 2396937
Damn you are giving me a run for my money on the shock of doom trophy lol

Crossing the great salt flats. Should be camping at Loon Lake tonight.

image.jpg
32D22E4D-EEF5-4C4C-A7A8-FA34C20C0863.jpeg

@ryaneddy16 , good call on Slap's in KC. That stop is gonna happen again for sure.

So here is the Tahoe recovery video and Casey giving the gentleman a SAS4 sticker that we all agreed he earned for sure for taking it down Engineer. @Zjohnshttps @POTATO LAUNCHER and I don't know Tim's Net handle.

20200803_211119.jpg

Tim = @ChickenDaddy . That family got a good story. Hopefully they look up this thread and wisely turn that Tahoe in for a LC.

So here is the Tahoe recovery video and Casey giving the gentleman a SAS4 sticker that we all agreed he earned for sure for taking it down Engineer. @Zjohnshttps @POTATO LAUNCHER and I don't know Tim's Net handle.

View attachment 2397685

Nice. After the issues with the 40, we took the Crewmax over Imogene and over to Minnie gulch and back Alpine loop and down Engineer. Handled it just fine. We got some funny looks for sure.
20200806_160556.jpg

Hey all you crazy solid axle folks. Thanks for a great freakin time last week! My buddy Ron took a lot of shots while we were out there and i wanted to share the links to you. Here is the blurb from him on using them....tldr use them as you'd like for personal use.

~Rory

You are free to use these pictures for personal use (e.g., social media, emailing to friends, etc). It's fine but not necessary to credit me for such personal use. Otherwise please contact me.
For anyone looking for just a small selection of some of my favorite shots:
Solid-Axle Summit 2020 (curated)—81 photos
Full albums:
HotSouth & Texas caravan—156 photos
SAS 2020 Day 1—435 photos; Engineer's Pass
SAS 2020 Day 2—335 photos; Silver Lake, Yankee Boy Basin
SAS 2020 Day 3—180 photos; Corkscrew Gulch, Hurricane Pass, California Gulch, Animas Forks, Silverton

VERY sorry this happened Jarod. No video but here are a couple of pictures of your aftermath. Your attitude is great! Looking forward to seeing you make progress on your truck.👍🎯

EDIT: @Manitou Decline Jarod, just asked Maureen about any videos...she has none of your flop but has some of the recovery efforts. Stop by 47A and we can ‘Air Drop’ them to your phone. (If you have an iPhone)

View attachment 2395816

View attachment 2395818

View attachment 2395822

View attachment 2395823

View attachment 2395824
Here’s a video recovering Jarods 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom