Desert Toyota. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been warned about desert Toyota on here a few times. But honestly I must commend a few folks there..

For the most part the parts department there sux.. rude, wont help with part searches is they dint find it immediately, or just act like they work at auto zone. But James Cowan I like! He helps deep dive for parts for my 40, helps find alternatives, even points me elsewhere if he knows somewhere that could help. I always use him as my parts guy anymore.

As for the service department; I get quality service for my fj cruiser, but recently I have been taking my 77 fj40 there and I am very happy with my service! Matt Scott has been working on it and we almost have it purring like a kitten! He talks with me about it, shows me what’s been done or may need fixed or adjusted, and will go back and forth about tech. He answers every question I’ve had with a knowledgeable answer and if he doesn’t know, he gives you the best educated guess. I have not been bullsh$ted by him. He has also been working with Allen zirnheld. Both have been a great help!

I felt I needed to share. I have not gotten any discounts or anything, but I must praise good service when I find it.

I've become enamored with Cabe Toyota in Long Beach for parts. Mike doesn't mind my weird parts lookups for Stout stuff and I've gotten several orders of NOS stuff for my 80 Hilux. Just my .02

Desert Toy Shop, US60 and Mesa dr.
So much better than a dealership for parts and service, on new and old Toyotas.
Real mechanics, they just don’t have the pirate ship, cafe and hairdresser shop in house, if that’s what you are looking for...

Desert Toy Shop, US60 and Mesa dr.
So much better than a dealership for parts and service, on new and old Toyotas.
Real mechanics, they just don’t have the pirate ship, cafe and hairdresser shop in house, if that’s what you are looking for...

Yes, their top 2 techs for many years : Tom and Jeremy , both recently came over to work with me at Riverview. Both master techs.:candycane:

^^^ Hell Yeah @murf ! Great, skilled folks to add to your team. Awesome/intelligent Techs Tom and Jeremy are, taking the time often, to come out and get into the weeds on why's and what's...that is a thing of the past. The passion they exhibit when explaining what's what is a true sign of understanding and customer care. Also Riverview having a great and fair service Director, who gets it, is a big thing! Nice to have a team that can get things done but also understand out of the box options! Glad you are in our backyard and have assembled such a knowledgeable crew!

My reason for making this post was to highlight good techs for us here in Tucson. Murf is great! When I lived in Phoenix it was a huge help. But there aren’t as many (that I’ve found) quality Toyota techs in Tucson without traveling a few hours.

I'm glad you had a good experience with Desert Toyota. I've had so many bad experiences with them I will no longer step foot in there unless it is a critical emergency. The parts department at Precision is so much better, especially if you work with Mary.

I'm glad you had a good experience with Desert Toyota. I've had so many bad experiences with them I will no longer step foot in there unless it is a critical emergency. The parts department at Precision is so much better, especially if you work with Mary.

I've heard about Mary, but never met her. I have had a great experience with precision. I think I’m going to go there for parts or at least try them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom