Hello from NYC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello from a new-to-us 80 series owner. We’ve had our eye on this beaut for a while. Ownership went from auntie to mother-in-law (who both pampered the vehicle) to us and though “Lando” has a fade job from sitting in the southwestern sun, he’s in great operational shape and loving life with new fluids and shoes.

I found IH8MUD while obsessing over all the fun stuff I get to do wrenching and riding and would like to say “HI” and thanks already for the info I’ve pulled off of the threads already. I’m not the most “plugged-in” forum member type person, but will do what I can to contribute and give back as much as I take.

Here’s a shot of the fam at camp enjoying some socially distanced R&R

87DFE150-8B70-459A-B001-46E5E37A685B.jpeg

i moved out of brooklyn 2 years ago but i made some great friendships with fellow 80 owners

Think about coating the undercarriage in fluid film before the snow starts to fly. Those NY winters can be tough I've heard.

Greetings. I grew up in Westchester and am happy to be long gone from there. But some people love it. Upstate has some nice areas to explore. If you can get out for longer trips Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire have some nice possibilities. If you want to do a epic road trip up north think about Nova Scotia or the trans Labrador. They are all a long drive but in that general part of the world.

Enjoy the truck!

Welcome to New York. Now go home.

Fluid Film from tip to tail every October before the temp drops below 50F. Spray EVERYTHING and don't be shy with it. The combination of Fluid Film treatments and washing will help to keep the rust at bay. However, nothing will stop it completely. We live in a high humidity area.

There is a lot of information in this thread regarding both WoolWax and Fluid Film:

Your local TLCA clubs are:

Gotham City Land Cruisers:
www.gclcny.com
https://www.facebook.com/GCLCNY/

Yankee Toys:

Welcome to New York. Now go home.

Fluid Film from tip to tail every October before the temp drops below 50F. Spray EVERYTHING and don't be shy with it. The combination of Fluid Film treatments and washing will help to keep the rust at bay. However, nothing will stop it completely. We live in a high humidity area.

There is a lot of information in this thread regarding both WoolWax and Fluid Film:

Your local TLCA clubs are:

Gotham City Land Cruisers:
www.gclcny.com
https://www.facebook.com/GCLCNY/

Yankee Toys:
The vehicle‘s from the SW...not me I’m home ;)

Thanks for the info. I’ll research those undercoating options for sure.

Greetings. I grew up in Westchester and am happy to be long gone from there. But some people love it. Upstate has some nice areas to explore. If you can get out for longer trips Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire have some nice possibilities. If you want to do a epic road trip up north think about Nova Scotia or the trans Labrador. They are all a long drive but in that general part of the world.

Enjoy the truck!
Yes - there are some beautiful places to explore up there!

Think about coating the undercarriage in fluid film before the snow starts to fly. Those NY winters can be tough I've heard.
They can be upstate. Here in the city there’s a fondness for road salting for the ever threatening but less and less present snow...

The vehicle‘s from the SW...not me I’m home ;)

Thanks for the info. I’ll research those undercoating options for sure.
Trust me. My LX450 was purchased in Phoenix. Don't wait.

Trust me. My LX450 was purchased in Phoenix. Don't wait.
Oh for sure! I’ve got some cleaning to do - caked on desert here, there, and everywhere - but will absolutely be getting the coating done well before the weather turns. Appreciate the product recommendations; I’ve got two browser tabs going reading about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom