2nd row (middle) foot room under front seats. Does it both you? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy. In the market for a 200 series and have always found the middle row foot room to be really tight under the front seat. You can raise the front seats to the max and get a little room for middle seat passengers to slide under the front seats but it’s still snug. This makes the middle seats feel uncomfortable as you have to raise your knees up. Any solutions out there or why Toyota designed it this way? Or do your passengers just get used to this?

Howdy. In the market for a 200 series and have always found the middle row foot room to be really tight under the front seat. You can raise the front seats to the max and get a little room for middle seat passengers to slide under the front seats but it’s still snug. This makes the middle seats feel uncomfortable as you have to raise your knees up. Any solutions out there or why Toyota designed it this way? Or do your passengers just get used to this?

Are you aware that the second row seats can slide back a couple of inches? This provides more leg room. Space under the front seats for second row passengers is essentially zero.

HTH

Are you aware that the second row seats can slide back a couple of inches? This provides more leg room. Space under the front seats for second row passengers is essentially zero.

HTH
Yup but you lose the precious space in the third row or cargo space.

Yup but you lose the precious space in the third row or cargo space.

So... is your question whether the 200 has some special feature that allows more legroom in the second row without sacrificing cargo space or third row legroom? Then the answer is clear - no, there is no special feature that magically expands the interior space of the Land Cruiser 200 series.

Sounds like you need some other vehicle with magical space expanding features... clown car, perhaps? :rofl:

ETA:

OIP.jpg

Last edited:

HTH

Exactly! I was surprised how much space the 2nd row has. As far as foot room under the front seats, I think with Toyota's design of the under seat air vents and ventilated seat ducts, it would be almost impossible to leave foot room. Living in AZ, that's a sacrifice I'll take any day.

All a compromise when you consider how much of the important stuff is tucked within the frame rails underneath. That directly affects how much vertical space there is within the cabin.

Doesn't bother me...never sat back there. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom