Beige fender pads for LX450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great! Really like how your experiment with the wheel turned out a well.
Thank @Feldrian. I like the machined aluminum look over the bronze/black look much better personally. I realize its not for everyone but I like to think it is in-line with the original look of the LX450.

At one point I planned to driver this truck daily, so I went with a conservative tire. Plans have changed and as-such I am going to put on 37” Toyo Open Country M/T’s to give it more attitude. I have the gears and the power so I figure, why not?! I am thinking it will fill the wheel wells better and give it the final extra it needs.

How is the 3m VHB holding up, and the 4runner pads in the rear section where the fat OEM one would be? Did you consider "splicing" the thick section of the available dark grey with the 4runner pad to fill the gap? Thanks, and your truck looks great.

The pad for the front fender is nearly identical. There should be no issue at all with using the 80 series fender pad on an LX-450 that I can envision. The pad I am using is from a 4-Runner, so not having the double-sided tape on the fender side is the only difference... but that could be fixed with some 1/8" 3M VHB tape.

The back flare is different. There is a section of the rear flare where it contacts the lower-rear quarter cladding that is distinctly different. However, I suspect you could still use the 80 series pad with few issues. It won't fit exactly and will need to be trimmed but I do not see why it won't work.

This photo is the best one that I could find that demonstrates the ~6" of (unique) fender pad that is at the bottom of the rear flare.

back-jpg.137446
View attachment 2351517
I'm also looking at using the 4runner fender pads on my lx450 cladding. I'm having trouble finding the part number for the rear trim pads. On the rear fenders, did you use the front wheel pads and trim them to fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom