Early- Gauge Cluster bezel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My instrument cluster bezel is painted the same color as the body, wondering if this was standard on earlier FJs. Mine is a 1962. From the hundreds of picture ive seen online, its always been silver. It seem to be original, but who knows whats been done to this thing over the last 70ish years. Note: if the picture looks funny, it’s because the column shift has been removed.

7EE682BF-8ECF-4788-9742-0E46EAA87A62.png

I believe this has been covered in the FJ25 forum, which also covers the early 40s thru 1965.

And I think the answer is yes.

Yes, ‘62 would have the body color for the instrument cluster bezel (and the pocket door and the ash tray - not sure about the passenger grab bar, but I think it also). Your cluster should have idiot lights for the oil pressure and charge (CHG).

In disregard to originality I redid my ‘62’s cluster (and pocket door, grab bar) in the later sliver color as they had been oversprayed anyhow in non-original color. I prefer the contrast in the panel’s elements.

Last edited:
Yes, ‘62 would have the body color for the instrument cluster bezel (and the pocket door and the ash tray - not sure about the passenger grab bar, but I think it also). Your cluster should have idiot lights for the oil pressure and charge (CHG).

The ashtray started mid way thru 1962. The grab handle over the glovebox door was painted body color.

Have you fully documented ( aka pics!) your rig for us on Mud somewhere? 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom