Silverton Cruiser meetup recap July 2020 HIH Virtual..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Photos and Videos coming!!!!!!!!

My group of 100s and 200s crossing the Rio Grande headwaters on the way to Kite Lake!

In cab view of me descending the Steps on Black Bear in the rain and fog! SOOOOO much fun and EXCELLENT spotting by Connor @DirtDawg

Here's a GREAT water splash by Lee @ga12r1 This was on our pre Silverton expedition up Mount Antero to 13,810 feet!

I'm a sucker for water crossings. Looks amazing! Any gas venting issues at that elevation? haha

Beautiful weather as usual on Saturday

PANO_20200725_111659.vr.jpg

Awesome shots! I'm jealous!

How were the crowds?

Trail crowding wasn't really that bad frankly. Felt like there was still plenty of wide open space on the passes. The town was PACKED....don't think a single empty room or campsite in town. There were plenty of dispersed sites however. Coffee Bear was doing brisk business. I heard the town was doing great this summer with an uptick in travel. But, it still felt like "Silverton" to me.

Already posted our photos here, but the mods are welcome to move it into this thread:

Wow! Things changed QUICK up there. Mudslides today took out Imogene, Black Bear (lower section closed from the parking lot up to Bridal Veil falls), Yankee Boy and even a section of 550 just south of Ouray. LOTS of work for the crews to clean up yet again. Hopefully the tremendous rain they've been getting finally inspires the complete fire ban to be lifted.

Whoa...I'm glad we decided to break down camp a day early. Regarding the fire ban, I've heard it has had more to do with the fear of allocating resources during COVID...

Whoa...I'm glad we decided to break down camp a day early. Regarding the fire ban, I've heard it has had more to do with the fear of allocating resources during COVID...

Yeah, Covid also cut the Magnesium Chloride budget (they usually spray CR2 and 110 2x/week to prevent dust) so it was CRAZY dusty in the few days before the continuous rain decided to show up.

It's a fragile place - OK you can have a fire now, but just don't take off your running shoes.

Interesting non-80/100 series vehicles around town:
1595895014141.png

1595895104939.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom