I am buying a FJ40 this Sunday. Need help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why would I buy a Camry? No thanks. I want a fj40 last I checked this form wasn't a place where we tell people to buy a Camry lol cmon guys I just want to buy a FJ40.

You are missing the point. Buy a reliable daily driver and then take your time to find the right 40. It takes time or money or both to baseline one of these trucks. You are buying turds and expecting gold. I’ve seen some $100k turds and some solid gold $12k rigs. You can’t force the market and should expand your reach to buy from reliable, knowledgeable sellers.

Those front marker / turn signals, never seen anything like them. Top almost looks like it doesn't come off? rear door, who built that? It's almost like someone wanted a postal jeep land cruiser.
The blinkers are 70-series ones. In countries where 70s were available it's very usual to see them on 40s (in Europe too).
The hardtop is Colombian spec, they were made locally by the importer to meet some regulations on locally made cars. Definitely different from the OEM ones but they are cool and the single rear door can be useful depending of your usage.

Members that are responding to your request for help are really being ‘patient’.......... :popcorn:
*Hope you are listening!

Members that are responding to your request for help are really being ‘patient’.......... :popcorn:
*Hope you are listening!
Okay guys I decided to
Pass!! Thanks

C557CE52-B061-4C1B-A480-C31450478ABC.png

A7CFA19C-ECC1-43A2-B921-14EDC101817C.png

I think this is a rig worth looking at too!

I live in Chicago I need a hardtop :/ but thanks I am gonna contact him.. if you find anything else do let me know thank you! So much

If you guys come across anything that I can daily which has very little rust and power steering please keep in mind. Mean time I a
Gonna work with my baby

3EDFD99F-8B16-40B5-8F96-9E143A89B416.jpeg

FBCA1B7E-CF1A-4AB9-AB91-436421F3B405.jpeg

A6953F8A-92F1-4996-93CE-B768FC54BB59.jpeg

9B551D11-9AE5-4FB9-B132-A1D2EF2EAFEF.png

What is up with your mechanic fixing your blue fj40? I’d say ditch this white 40 and find another mechanic for your blue one.

What is up with your mechanic fixing your blue fj40? I’d say ditch this white 40 and find another mechanic for your blue one.

I just wish I knew someone who knew how to work on carbs!! My blue runs great most days some days it's just stutters and shuts off... and it has hidden rust spots that bother me. It's some what if a Frankenstein but it is American release

If you’re having a difficult time finding someone to work on an FJ40 then the BJ40 is out of your league. Not being a jerk... just a reality check

What on earth is going on with your windscreen wipers!!?
Put some pictures up of the rust on your blue one. If its small just keep driving it.
Trying to find a perfect one is near on impossible unless you start blowing serious cash. Getting the carb fixed shouldn't be a big issue, there is a guy on this forum that you send him your carb and he rebuilds it good as new and everyone swears by him. But i can't remember who it is. Having the car run well without any misfires makes it a million times more enjoyable and gives you a lot more confidence to take it out.

What on earth is going on with your windscreen wipers!!?
Put some pictures up of the rust on your blue one. If its small just keep driving it.
Trying to find a perfect one is near on impossible unless you start blowing serious cash. Getting the carb fixed shouldn't be a big issue, there is a guy on this forum that you send him your carb and he rebuilds it good as new and everyone swears by him. But i can't remember who it is. Having the car run well without any misfires makes it a million times more enjoyable and gives you a lot more confidence to take it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom