Project Guidance, fixing a Bunch O Stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the belts on but I'm obviously doing something wrong with the AC... i had the tension pully screwed all the way out with the pully as far up as possible and I had to turn the crank bolt to rotate the new belt on. I have almost no tension on the tension pully and the belt is super tight there is no way to loosen it.

Anyway tomorrow is new rad, battery installation and new rad fluid. Hopefully it all works out.

If anyone has experienced the super tight AC belt let me know please im in GA and AC is kinda a big deal

Day 3 starts with finding blood from day 2... blood a whole lot of sweat and no tears..

Got the radiator, hoses, fan/shroud back in. Next the battery and a trip to the grocery store for distilled water 💧

IMG_20200725_084724_196.jpg

15956894616067133324089235545883.jpg

Like it or not its forced lunch fuc$!ng raining..... hopefully I can still find leaks when it lets up.

20200725_130348.jpg

Progressing nicely! Not sure on the battery cable.

Yeah I'm still stumped on that last cable....

Got distilled water and da hell with the rain I've got her running in the driveway.

Any suggestions on how long I should just run distilled water before I drain and putt the new coolant in???

Well I've decided to run the distilled water for a few days and then put fresh coolant in.

Next oil leak might be beyond my skill set. Thinking pan seal or rear main..... best leave that to a pro.

20200725_162220.jpg

Nice to see someone else with a '94 that likes to fight progress (the truck fights back). You're knocking out some leak detection and fixes I still haven't done, but I don't have any puddles in the driveway just a relatively dirty engine.
Is your last cable the starter ground or the head ground?
from @Fourrunner kit description;
Kit includes:
Battery positive to starter cable
Battery negative to fender and motor mount cables
Ground strap from head to firewall
Ground strap from starter to frame
Also, I've found the dedicated wobble sockets (not socket on a u-joint) are invaluable for working on these trucks. I own some Craftsman 6point ones in 17,12 and 14mm so far. The ones I have are for shallow bolts only though.

The oil also could be coming from the valve cover gasket. Need to clean it up to verify and watch it for a few days.

Nice to see someone else with a '94 that likes to fight progress (the truck fights back). You're knocking out some leak detection and fixes I still haven't done, but I don't have any puddles in the driveway just a relatively dirty engine.
Is your last cable the starter ground or the head ground?
from @Fourrunner kit description;
Kit includes:
Battery positive to starter cable
Battery negative to fender and motor mount cables
Ground strap from head to firewall
Ground strap from starter to frame
Also, I've found the dedicated wobble sockets (not socket on a u-joint) are invaluable for working on these trucks. I own some Craftsman 6point ones in 17,12 and 14mm so far. The ones I have are for shallow bolts only though.

So according to your list apparently I missed the starter to frame. Dang it!!! I'll do a search and see if I can't sort it out. I appreciate your help!

Re: 44411-60430 power steering hose
I like OEM as much as the next guy, but the gates version of this part is 35 bucks. PN 365550
I’ve always had good luck with stuff made by Gates, incl. several PHHs

Re: 44411-60430 power steering hose
I like OEM as much as the next guy, but the gates version of this part is 35 bucks. PN 365550
I’ve always had good luck with stuff made by Gates, incl. several PHHs

Agree, I bought the gates hose and saw absolutely no difference between the one I took off and the new gates. I don't have a huge budget with this kinda thing and it took me over a year of saving and buying parts and tools here and there. But if my maths correct I saved myself a lot of money by doing it myself.

Might only do it for a few days but I guess that's good to know. I drive 14 miles total a day to work and back so I guess that won't hurt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom