New Noobie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All. Name is Mike. I'm in Olathe now, but formerly OP and Miami County. Got the Cruiser to replace my 4runner. Where I lived in MI Co didn't get roads plowed, so you were pretty much on your own. The Runner was great....the Cruiser is fantastic. I have had my Cruiser for about 10 years now. Not into climbing or mudding. Just trying to get it back to stock. I love driving it. Having some difficulty finding parts and I'm still rtying to figure out how to bleed the brakes. Looking forward to meeting some other Cruiser folks....mike

Hi All. Name is Mike. I'm in Olathe now, but formerly OP and Miami County. Got the Cruiser to replace my 4runner. Where I lived in MI Co didn't get roads plowed, so you were pretty much on your own. The Runner was great....the Cruiser is fantastic. I have had my Cruiser for about 10 years now. Not into climbing or mudding. Just trying to get it back to stock. I love driving it. Having some difficulty finding parts and I'm still rtying to figure out how to bleed the brakes. Looking forward to meeting some other Cruiser folks....mike
Welcome!

I'm also in Olathe.

Pics?

What do you need help with?

Welcome aboard! There’s a great wealth of local knowledge in the community here as well as an eagerness to support. You’ve come to the right place.

Welcome!

I'm also in Olathe.

Pics?

What do you need help with?
Not very photogenic right now, but I'll take a few pics an post them. Clear coat on front fenders and hood is shot. Trying to find a local painter here to repaint that area. Running boards rusted away a while back. Finally found some used. The truck (car?) seems to be pretty solid mechanically. Working on rear brakes and handbrake right now. Brakes don't seem to bleed right and hand brake is very frozen. A few other things to tend to, but one thing at a time. I'm trying to keep it stock, but parts are hard to find and body trim parts seem to be non-existent.

Not very photogenic right now, but I'll take a few pics an post them. Clear coat on front fenders and hood is shot. Trying to find a local painter here to repaint that area. Running boards rusted away a while back. Finally found some used. The truck (car?) seems to be pretty solid mechanically. Working on rear brakes and handbrake right now. Brakes don't seem to bleed right and hand brake is very frozen. A few other things to tend to, but one thing at a time. I'm trying to keep it stock, but parts are hard to find and body trim parts seem to be non-existent.
Well, you've come to the right place.

You can buy a complete parking brake rebuild kit for the rear at www.absolutewitsend.com.

You can also order direct from Toyota through McGeorge Toyota online and it's cheaper than buying from Olathe Toyota.

Some of the guys here also have parts trucks or connections to some.

Well, you've come to the right place.

You can buy a complete parking brake rebuild kit for the rear at www.absolutewitsend.com.

You can also order direct from Toyota through McGeorge Toyota online and it's cheaper than buying from Olathe Toyota.

Some of the guys here also have parts trucks or connections to some.
Thanks! Good to know. I'll start the handbrake immediately. It's been that way for a long time. The door trim came off both doors. There was some glue residue on both sides that someone had tied to fix it with earlier. I'll try the 3M trim tape after I get all the old goo off.
I will have to post "before" pics now and hopefully much better "after" pics later.

Welcome Mike. I hope to meet you at some of our get togethers once we're able to start having them again.

So believe it or not Lewis Toyota of Topeka is as good if not better than McGeorge on most of their prices on OEM as long as you order online. I'm not sure if they changed management or what's going on over there but the staff has been top notch the last couple of times I went. When I needed a radiator for the 04' I think they were $50 cheaper than everyone else and were the only ones who could actually get it. It makes sense though since the Toyota parts warehouse that they get their inventory from is somewhere in the KC area.

@Songbird do you have the actual part numbers for what you need? If not you will struggle finding them. Welcome

Welcome Mike. I hope to meet you at some of our get togethers once we're able to start having them again.
Looking forward to a get-together when they cut us loose. Hopefully my ride will b a bit more presentable by then.
Also......looking for the rubber bead that goes between the fenders and the flare on my 97. Need to pull it out to paint both fender and flare. The old one will pull out easy enough, but it probably won't survive. It's black rubber, but is really dry. Any local source for those or is that strictly a dealer item? Provided they still make it.

Looking forward to a get-together when they cut us loose. Hopefully my ride will b a bit more presentable by then.
Also......looking for the rubber bead that goes between the fenders and the flare on my 97. Need to pull it out to paint both fender and flare. The old one will pull out easy enough, but it probably won't survive. It's black rubber, but is really dry. Any local source for those or is that strictly a dealer item? Provided they still make it.
You can buy a roll of black trim lock for fender flares from amazon for the Less than the price of just one flare from Mr T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom