Builds Travis’s PNW LX570 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First cargo light
I installed @Brendan ’s excellent cargo light kit. Literally 5 minutes. I saw the DIY thread, but time is money and the plug and play was totally worth it for me.

53E86375-9D25-4108-8077-9E3750D4F9BD.jpeg

D7EC9A65-F02E-43CE-9471-170E56AC7F7B.jpeg

Neat! where can I order one?

He is out of the gray.

2347B5F5-02C0-4989-A2E7-66C89DAA70CF.jpeg

Those of you out there who are searching how to finish your reef drawers from @cruzerDave - I’ve got a recommendation for you.

I’ve learned my lesson with carpet + dog twice. The hair and the wetness just made for a nasty smell and eventually the hair doesn’t come off.

I sourced some 1/4 bulk rubber from a gym flooring place and glued down with some liquid nails. Nice soft surface and the hair just blows off.

I completely agree. Rubber is a great solution all around. Protects the drawers, protects whatever you place on top, provides a non-slip surface, allows for super easy cleanup.

View attachment 2360407

Those of you out there who are searching how to finish your reef drawers from @cruzerDave - I’ve got a recommendation for you.

I’ve learned my lesson with carpet + dog twice. The hair and the wetness just made for a nasty smell and eventually the hair doesn’t come off.

I sourced some 1/4 bulk rubber from a gym flooring place and glued down with some liquid nails. Nice soft surface and the hair just blows off.
Good tip. And every time you post a photo of the back of your truck I love seeing the Sub Pop sticker👍

While we haven't had any big trips this summer, we've taken advantage of nearly every weekend to explore more of Washington and take a break from the news.

If you are shopping for a 200 series or a new owner — one of the best aspects of ownership is the versatility of these trucks. We use it for both work and play. Despite being a little battle scarred, it's still comfortable, quiet, and still smells nice inside.

This summer we've used the heck out of it.

JHi2aeF.jpg
EPdLfe7.jpg

JRN3dAN.jpg

bFL7pg2.jpg

unQC53X.jpg

Z4oezTf.jpg

Other than some minor moisture intrusion from standing water in the roof gutter and a flaky ARB compressor that @grinchy helped me troubleshoot, the truck has been stress free. At some point I need to replace the original plugs - and may tackle the plug o-ring gaskets while I'm in there. I'm sure they are getting crusty.

My paint has taken a beating this year:

23rYagH.jpg

pnncZQ4.jpg

D1ZYlZa.jpg

I've fully embraced that pinstripe life — but It's a little sad to look back a few pages to see how shiny it used to be. One of these weekends I'll compound it and see just how permanent some of this is. I will say - I do get a lot of nods and fist bumps rolling around in a scratched up mall crawler.

I've started thinking about what to do next—and I've spent more time than I'm proud of staring at @1world1love and @radman 's trucks. But in the spirit of KISS with mods— I try to focus on what would get us out more often, with more comfort, and enables more solo adventure.

There are a couple of things that I've been day dreaming about:
  1. Hidden winch mount + winch— I know that Jason has had a hard time getting an LX for fit. Hopefully that changes soon. I'd love a bad ass bull bar, but feels like overkill for my use.
  2. Skids — Sam (grinchy) has an excellent round up of options. I really like the aluminum bud built skids — but for light duty use it's hard to beat the availability of ARBs. Removing to change the oil is not a deterrent to me.
  3. Flat roof rack (Front Runner, Rhino Rack, etc) — My 8020 roof rack has been bulletproof but we still frequently find ourselves out of space. Prinsu and Front Runner are both approx 84" x 49" and Rhino Rack has makes a 84" x 56". That's significantly more square inches than OEM. Hard to argue with the utility of FR but I really prefer look of Rhino Rack.
  4. RTT — A recent scare with some curious elk wandering into our camp has my family suddenly discussing an RTT. I know the drawbacks of having an RTT, but considering that most of the junk on my roof right now is shelter and bedding — it's starts to make a lot of sense. My LX is not a daily anymore so it could pretty much stay on top.

Last edited:
Let me know if you want to check out my tents.

My kids would definitely named and adopted them. Sooo cute. But you are thinking?

I’ve made a wing template for my DIY drawers a couple of times but haven’t committed because I like that gap for my water can.

A compromise is a small shelf in the back to hold my cute little Yeti. It’s otherwise dead space and I like that I can see the display. The front of the shelf rests perfectly on the wheel well and the back has a triangular bracket. Underneath there is a “gusset” attached to the drawer carcass and then to the shelf.

Test fit:

8877070B-8189-4462-A234-6F9217C65CF7.jpeg

strapped down and secure:

B0C55630-0CF4-4DD6-9211-C49A955883AE.jpeg

Hella ugly and super basic but damn I love when a plan comes together.

I’ve made a wing template for my DIY drawers a couple of times but haven’t committed because I like that gap for my water can.

A compromise is a small shelf in the back to hold my cute little Yeti. It’s otherwise dead space and I like that I can see the display. The front of the shelf rests perfectly on the wheel well and the back has a triangular bracket. Underneath there is a “gusset” attached to the drawer carcass and then to the shelf.

Test fit:

View attachment 2390294

strapped down and secure:

View attachment 2390295

Hella ugly and super basic but damn I love when a plan comes together.
Looks perfect. Slap some gray paint on and call it good👍

More tinkering. I discovered that an M6 drop in stud and eye nut fit perfectly into the slot on the inside of my little yeti case. Drill very carefully ⚡⚡

DF7DD583-A106-4B26-9D2A-EED9393B0769.jpeg

A0484A37-04F5-40AE-AC15-6A4A865370CB.jpeg

Unsure if I’ll use all 4 mounts. That sucker is in there.

0E877AB0-FA59-4192-B629-E15814019B70.jpeg

Fixed a super annoying rub that came with the STT Pros. Despite being same size at my old Wildpeaks they have quite a bit more rubber. In fact they rubbed so hard under compression that it yanked one of the plastic rivets out.

51ACE56F-C4FC-49C2-BD8A-BC03F79CBB47.jpeg

I initially tried heating them up and had some success but it was pretty imprecise. You have to hold the liner while it cools or else it just returns back.

So instead I pulled the whole liner forward by relocating the bottom screws. Much better!

CD03B120-2ED6-4D1A-981F-B5552A5472A6.jpeg

It may not look like much but there is daylight between the tire and liner. Hat tip to @TeCKis300 for this technique.

You have to hold the liner while it cools or else it just returns back.

Here's what you can do if you ever need to heat up the back side (step side):

After you heat up the liner, have someone turn the wheel and then jam a piece wood between the tire and liner. Then, remove after it cools.

Here's what you can do if you ever need to heat up the back side (step side):

After you heat up the liner, have someone turn the wheel and then jam a piece wood between the tire and liner. Then, remove after it cools.

oh yea that makes total sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom