Goose creek lake this weekend??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is goose creek still happening this weekend? Is this the trail near Cooke City?

I should also add that I have some te off this weekend and am trying to deside where to go and explore. I would also consider sunlight basin, tobacco roots, gravelly range or mill creek in paradise valley. Some of those locations will involve more fishing and less wheeling. But right now I am undesided.

Last edited:
We went up this past weekend and spent a few hours fighting through snow banks on the way up. We were definitely the first full-size vehicles that made it through to the top. It had melted significantly by the time we came back through, so I imagine it will be fairly close to clear by this next weekend.

i'm going somewhere else this weekend. if anyone needs a track for the goose lake/lulu pass/daisy pass route i can sent it.

Aaron, you doing wild bill this weekend
naw, i wasn't invited. long drive for a weekend. headed twords drummond or something

naw, i wasn't invited. long drive for a weekend. headed twords drummond or something
Me neither, we're heading to goose on friday. Sam and his buddies are all going to be there. Doing caruthers in a couple weeks

@MontanaLax Know the schedule for this weekend?
I'm thinking of bringing my trailer and camping near Cooke City Friday night and Sunday night. Can anyone recommend a good spot to park a camper trailer?

I'm thinking of bringing my trailer and camping near Cooke City Friday night and Sunday night. Can anyone recommend a good spot to park a camper trailer?
once you turn off the highway onto the gravel there is a ton of places you could find for a camper. I don't suspect you'll have a hard time finding something. there is alot of easy peasy gravel roads and pull outs. just might depend on the number of people up there

All right guys, here’s what I know... The trip can absolutely continue as scheduled but we don’t have anyone to lead the trip, at least none of the board members. Work conflicts and some folks out are out of town...
That shouldn’t stop the trip from happening if there’s anyone who knows the trail and is willing to play tour guide. Honestly with just some map work anyone could locate the trail and be fine. The first time I did the trail was solo with some maps. There are also gps tracks available from past trips. I’ve also been told there will be another group of 4x4’s, possibly two, heading up that trail this weekend.
My recommendation would be to coordinate when folks are leaving, Friday night or Saturday morning, and set a meetup point in Cooke City Saturday with enough time for everybody to get there, then head up Daisy and Lulu Pass towards the trail. It was less than 4 hours on trail to Star Lake, the 4th of the 5 lakes along the trail, where we have camped in the past. Goose Lake is the final lake in the string and the end of the trail, and the only hard section of the trail is the hill between Star and Goose Lake.

2019 Ride Report
2019 Organizational Thread

So who’s planning to go?

I have seen campers parked on Daisy Pass but I’m not totally sure what the camping policies are there. There’s also Soda Butte campground and Colter campground just outside Cooke City which are camper friendly.

Evidently the boys are planning on making it to the lake friday nite so they can get an early start and hike to grasshopper glacier on saturday. I'll be monitoring 146.46 on the 2 meter. lots of places to camp, hard to say how many people will be up there due to the chinese virus but based on other areas i've been there'll be lots. I'll be in my green 40 pulling the trailer.

Evidently the boys are planning on making it to the lake friday nite so they can get an early start and hike to grasshopper glacier on saturday. I'll be monitoring 146.46 on the 2 meter. lots of places to camp, hard to say how many people will be up there due to the chinese virus but based on other areas i've been there'll be lots. I'll be in my green 40 pulling the trailer.

Since there isn’t a big group going, i’m going to pass on camping at Star Lake Saturday night and just basecamp closer to Cooke City for the weekend. It makes my camping situation much easier and the whole family can come along. I’m still up for running Goose Lake trail and want to fit in some others. Will find you on the ham radio. It might be 9 when we hit Cooke City.

Since there isn’t a big group going, i’m going to pass on camping at Star Lake Saturday night and just basecamp closer to Cooke City for the weekend. It makes my camping situation much easier and the whole family can come along. I’m still up for running Goose Lake trail and want to fit in some others. Will find you on the ham radio. It might be 9 when we hit Cooke City.

Matt, we've been camping with our camper all summer and I have never seen campgrounds so full. I'd say try to land a spot early and don't be afraid to go in a bit further on the dirt. Things open up a mile or two in on the dirt dramatically.

I saw some of the guys rigs camped on the goose lake trail this weekend, no one home, passed the on the way to the end of the trail, still no one around on the way out either, fab day at goose lake a little windy but nice.

I saw some of the guys rigs camped on the goose lake trail this weekend, no one home, passed the on the way to the end of the trail, still no one around on the way out either, fab day at goose lake a little windy but nice.
that was us! spent most of the day on the far side of the lake

pictures from our trip:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom