FJ40 Helps?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im looking for a little help with identifying some things about the FJ40. Someone wants to give me one as payment. I will probably restore it and sell it, which is what i normally do with cars. Its a 1976 FJ40 with hard top and barn doors.

Are there any real differences in them? What about factory vin code options?

Is it more desirable restored back to original or are small custom options like a small lift, after market wheels and under hood treatment more desirable?

Thanks

Stock rigs bring the most money. A small lift (OME) is an acceptable stock mod That doesn’t hurt value.
condition is everything like any collectible Auto.

76 is a desirable year due to disc front brakes, ambi doors, etc

got any pics?

Flip it quick without driving it. Once you work on it and drive it... it’ll be too late. Next thing you’ll know you’ll be buying it a parts truck... and you’ll then decide it should be fixed also.

Slippery slope... very slippery slope.

Which direction to go depends a lot on what you are starting with. If it’s a stock survivor then you’d be foolish not to keep it that way... if it’s a hienz 57 like mine... it’s so far from stock that going back wouldn’t be practical.

Im looking for a little help with identifying some things about the FJ40. Someone wants to give me one as payment. I will probably restore it and sell it, which is what i normally do with cars. Its a 1976 FJ40 with hard top and barn doors.

Are there any real differences in them? What about factory vin code options?

Is it more desirable restored back to original or are small custom options like a small lift, after market wheels and under hood treatment more desirable?

Thanks
PICS!!!!

Barn doors was not stock on a 76. they came with ambulance doors.

Was thinking the same thing. Would need clarification on want OP is calling barn doors. If the two short doors and a hatch could possibly be a SA import would would change everything. No disc brake in the grant axle. Not even a brake booster. May have a three speed. No heater.

If a North America import amount of rust matters. Some shops have earned a reputation and sell their cruisers for top dollar. A unknown better have lots of documentation of before pictures as well during the restore pictures. Even then not a given it would sell for top dollar. If you don't know the 40 series and about parts market for them it adds to the risk of losing money in the end. A number of years ago a one or maybe another one or two sold for six figures. Market has dropped since then. This has been a crazy year which hasn't help. I have at least one FJ40 would like to sell but holding off to see what happens to the economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom