Got my cylinder head off, Now what? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

no I didnt. How do you check the spring height?

no I didnt. How do you check the spring height?

Pull it and measure it. Make sure the check valve is clean and moves freely in it's bore.

Oil cooler parts.png
OC5.jpg

Do i need to pull the cover off again or can i get to it from the top plug?

Removing the plug will give you access to it. No need to remove the cover.

The other plugs can be left alone if the bore in the relief valve area is clean...then they will be too. Just clean the valve, measure the spring length (should be between 2.125 and 2.250") as long as it isn't shorter than 2" you should be fine. More important is that the valve move freely in the bore. Some can get pretty dirty and sticky.

OC spring length.jpg

Removing the plug will give you access to it. No need to remove the cover.

The other plugs can be left alone if the bore in the relief valve area is clean...then they will be too. Just clean the valve, measure the spring length (should be between 2.125 and 2.250") as long as it isn't shorter than 2" you should be fine. More important is that the valve move freely in the bore. Some can get pretty dirty and sticky.

View attachment 2378522
Yah was pretty dirty in there. Had to poke the check valve to get it to drop. Looks like i got just over 2.15”

2B4AC4A4-AB1C-47A1-B793-1450D1D1A91D.jpeg

Yah was pretty dirty in there. Had to poke the check valve to get it to drop. Looks like i got just over 2.15”

View attachment 2378630

Good to go then. Nothing more need be done. Just be sure it's sealed up well so you don't get an Oil/Coolant mix.

Good job!!

While waiting on more parts and the head to come back did a few more things. The outside dash was full of debris so it got vacuumed out. Im in the process of replacing bushing at the rear end. Panhard and lower control arms. I got a pair of ironman adjustable upper control arms to fix the pinion angle. Hoping to firm up the rear end.

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom