Buyin', Sellin', and Tradin' (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1971 FJ40 for Sale in Marietta

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

Very nice truck. GLWS

If any of you happen upon a set of chevy tons, I'm looking. Not sure how seriously, but definitely trying to see whats out there.

What you contemplating putting them under?

Well we have purple 55 sitting the yard that is a total piece. So much so I told Erin yesterday "that thing ain't good for anything other than cutting the top off and putting tons under." And she said, well I'm ok with that.

Its a 77 shell that is literally a frame and a Swiss cheese body. Random plan started to formulate of tons with a snipered 350, th400 and a 203/205. Kind of a KISS approach. Too many other things going on right now to really get serious about it, but figure won't hurt to start sourcing parts.

Well we have purple 55 sitting the yard that is a total piece. So much so I told Erin yesterday "that thing ain't good for anything other than cutting the top off and putting tons under." And she said, well I'm ok with that.

Its a 77 shell that is literally a frame and a Swiss cheese body. Random plan started to formulate of tons with a snipered 350, th400 and a 203/205. Kind of a KISS approach. Too many other things going on right now to really get serious about it, but figure won't hurt to start sourcing parts.

I looked around pretty seriously for the desireable chevy/dodge passenger drop tons a few months after I picked up the 40s with not much luck. I’m not sure the drop on the 203/205 tcase but why not just do the 05+ super duty axles that seem way more common since you’re changing the whole drivetrain anyway?

I need to look a little harder into that because the SD axles are much more plentiful and are going to be easier to source. The only reason I was looking at the chevy stuff is since I am looking at going all GM drivetrain, staying with the chevy axles would make the drop issue a non-issue.

Going the Ford axles isn't a deal breaker, id just have to either figure out how to get a Ford 205 behind the th400 to match the front drop on the SD axle. The other option would be to just order an Atlas and get whatever drop I need.

Does anyone have a white rear hatch for an 80 series? Some punk kids shot out windows on all the cars in our neighborhood last night and for what it is going to cost for a new window, I figured for what the glass is going to cost I would check on a whole hatch since I have a couple small rust spots on mine.

Not yet. I bet there is $30k plus worth of damages on all the cars they hit.

Does anyone have a white rear hatch for an 80 series? Some punk kids shot out windows on all the cars in our neighborhood last night and for what it is going to cost for a new window, I figured for what the glass is going to cost I would check on a whole hatch since I have a couple small rust spots on mine.

There were 2ea. 80 series Land Cruisers down at LKQ in Fayetteville a while back.

There were 2ea. 80 series Land Cruisers down at LKQ in Fayetteville a while back.

Thank you. I looked on their site and it didn't show any on the lot. They know who the dirt bags are that caused the vandalism, but talking with the District Attorney and Deputy, I will be amazed if we ever see the money for the damages or it will be a long time down the road.

I heard a LEO once say “Shoot, shovel, shut up.” Just saying.

I heard a LEO once say “Shoot, shovel, shut up.” Just saying.

You'd have to be an idiot to chase after someone and shoot them outside of your home. It was an 18 and 16 year old and they drove by shooting out the windows with a CO2 powered BB/Pellet gun. I'm not going to jail or even dealing with the court costs that would result in that. I fell asleep maybe 30 minutes before they came through our neighborhood and my dogs that bark at everything didn't even hear them. I wouldn't have shot them, but I absolutely would have apprehended them shortly after breaking my windows. Now, it's in the law's hands. Reality is that I will never see compensation or it will take years.

You'd have to be an idiot to chase after someone and shoot them outside of your home. It was an 18 and 16 year old and they drove by shooting out the windows with a CO2 powered BB/Pellet gun. I'm not going to jail or even dealing with the court costs that would result in that. I fell asleep maybe 30 minutes before they came through our neighborhood and my dogs that bark at everything didn't even hear them. I wouldn't have shot them, but I absolutely would have apprehended them shortly after breaking my windows. Now, it's in the law's hands. Reality is that I will never see compensation or it will take years.
Yeah I agree its just a joke. When people do you wrong there is nothing you can do during and you’ll never get compensated fully. It’s just up to the law abiding victims to take it. If you escape without harm that’s all you can ever hope for. That’s not a hill worth dying on.

I would track down their parents with a letter of damages from a lawyer. Garnish wages if you have too.
Thank you. I looked on their site and it didn't show any on the lot. They know who the dirt bags are that caused the vandalism, but talking with the District Attorney and Deputy, I will be amazed if we ever see the money for the damages or it will be a long time down the road.

Yea I looked this morning and they do not show. LKQ seems to turn cars quicker than pull-a-part.

I would track down their parents with a letter of damages from a lawyer. Garnish wages if you have too.

I intend on getting with the other victims and suing the heck out of the parents of the minor for damages. We have to wait until the courts do their thing though. I told the D.A. that I will spend more on a lawyer to sue the family than the windows cost just out of principle. They were quite worried when I told the that if they didn't prosecute this, I was going to the house to get a check from the parents personally. I had to explain that I wasn't going to work outside of the law. I'm not going to jail over a couple grand and these idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom