Marlin Crawl Box. Should I? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. Scored this sas 86 4Runner a couple months ago. Also got some 36” Tsl radials I just slapped on. Been cleaning it and doing a lot of cosmetic stuff lately, like new corbeau seats and new carpet and dash cover. Ordered some 5.29’s that are going in soon as well. I’ve been watching lotsa videos with Toyota’s with marlin crawl boxes and I think there super sweet. My question is, does anyone run one around here in the north east? Or is it more of an out west thing? I like that you can keep your stock low 2.28:1 then into the marlin box which is another 2.28:1 for ultra low. Just wasn’t sure if it’s worth it out here cuz of the mud and slippery stuff.
thoughts?

697EAD38-621E-4D92-9A4B-644D57DC2C4D.jpeg

You r talking about a doubler adapter fOr t-case. Right?
I run double tcases on my buggy with 5.29. Its a must with the 4 cylinder and 39’s.

I believe this is it.
It’s still alittle confusing to me. This t-case stuff. The different options and what the difference is but I’m starting to get it. I love seeing them crawl over stuf super slow but figured up here in New England you need alittle momentum and wheel speed to get through stuff. But it’s cool to have it there if you want/need It I guess

You r talking about a doubler adapter fOr t-case. Right?
I run double tcases on my buggy with 5.29. Its a must with the 4 cylinder and 39’s.

Ok. Looks like its a compete kit. With the extra tcase attached to the adapter.
u can always get the adapter plate and source top shift tcase locally. That will save you about $500.

I just checked the price of adapters, and damn they got expensive. Ive bought one for $200 10 years ago from marlin

Its totally worth it. Im running a doubler with 2.28/4.7 gears and the options are awesome.

Check out Advance adapters for the doubler adapter. you can get them through poly preformance for around $370 I think.

Heres my 2.28/4.7 full 23 spline doubler to go behind a v6
BeaC6FBl.jpg

Driveshafts made from 2.5"schedule 40 fit the stock joints well.

vzYxu0Ol.jpg

Happy to answer any doubler questions, Ive done a few of them.

This is a marlin doubler that is clocked 10* that I did a few months ago.

Yqb9GrMl.jpg

Last edited:
Its totally worth it. Running a doubler with 2.28/4.7 gears and the options are awesome.

Check out Advance adapters for the doubler adapter. you can get them through poly preformance for around $370 I think.

Heres my full 23 spline doubler to go behind a v6
BeaC6FBl.jpg

vzYxu0Ol.jpg

Yqb9GrMl.jpg
That’s friggen awesome! Do you have a shop? Were are you located? I think I remember you. Were you at the Nea run with the BBQ afterwards north of Worcester last year?

Its totally worth it. Running a doubler with 2.28/4.7 gears and the options are awesome.

Heres my full 23 spline doubler to go behind a v6
BeaC6FBl.jpg

vzYxu0Ol.jpg

Yqb9GrMl.jpg
I see your in VT.

That’s friggen awesome! Do you have a shop? Were are you located? I think I remember you. Were you at the Nea run with the BBQ afterwards north of Worcester last year?

Im in Northfield VT. Im not a "shop" just a guy who likes toyotas and going slow. But I do have a small garage to get stuff done in, and happy to help. Probably wasnt at that NEA run unless it was a quarterly meeting.

This is my truck:

6Ja6mrNl.jpg

Yes, 2 leaf chevies. Cheap and flexy. Ive got a build thread, but its a little long.

rattlewagon's 1992 Pickup Build-Up Thread - YotaTech Forums
thats a whole other chapter for me. mine came with some 3-4" springs and a 1" block. ot looks ok but is super stiff and probably doesnt flex worth a s***. so gotta do that swap at some point. just confused about what 63" springs to use cuz i certainly dont want it lower than what it is, if anything higher to match the front.

x2 on the budbuilt. Also lets you ad a second t case mount, and a good time to upgrade those too. Dive right down that rabbit hole! Haha.

The chevies only provide about 3 inches of lift. for something that tall, maybe look into a lifted chevy spring, or SKY springs. But their pricey, almost do links for that price.

They only down fall is how long they are. I drag the rear of the spring/shackles down alot stuff, but they seem to handle it fine.

So did you start ordering parts yet or wut. lol
I ordered ring and pinions and set up kits and flanges. They haven’t arrived yet cuz marlin was out of stock. Once those are in I’m gonna do soft topper soft top and rock sliders and a rear bumper with tire carrier. Then comes sky’s Offroad Chevy leaf spring conversion. THEN!!....comes the crawl box..who knows I might by a couple 30 packs of Meister brau and call and ask you to help me put It in lol

Thats quite the list! Let me know when your ready, happy to help, they go together wicked easy.

The part people usually hate the most is chopping up the floor. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom