'62 FJ40 in the Netherlands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congrats! Looks great!

Passed MOT last week. Of course followed with a couple days of rain. But the weather is good this weekend. Time to take it for a ride.
Pics @ home:
20801C60-69F9-4975-96BD-BE4841AA4E81.jpeg
1DD00BDB-9375-4560-AD83-C5FB9BB2AD6D.jpeg
8DB250DA-54DC-46A6-97A9-F90EFD16F5C9.jpeg

Beautiful!

Hello there Paul,,,,,,,,,,,,I have not been on MUD for awhile but saw this tonight. Bravo Man!!! It looks awesome and I can tell that you guys really brought it back to all original stock condition. Not sure if you ever found the battery but if not lemmie know and I will dig up the place that made my battery for me. Again, you did such a spectacular job. We both know how great it feels to bring one back to complete stock condition. So glad you were able to find those front blinkers. Super important as you know. They look great. Well done Paul. Really happy to see you finish up. Do you have some close up engine pictures? Would love to those. Maybe you already listed them somewhere. Cheers man. Dave / fjfjfj.

Pulled the dash cluster apart. cleaned and painted it. Pretty sure the cluster bezel was painted in the factory after assembly. Found some remnants of masking tape on the cluster body with overspray next to it. And a small line of paint on the glass and the high beam indicator light. They even put a little bit of green paint on the paint that was spilled on the high beam light.

Before and after :
View attachment 2087980
View attachment 2087979
BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys. Really appreciate it. We have some things to do but it is parked at the moment while we’re working on the FJ45V.
We mounted a modern battery for now.

Beautiful

Man,,,,,,,,,,,,what a nice combination of colors and that white 1962 looks perfect in there. Congrats on doing a wonderful job on that restoration. Keep posting the cool pics!! Dave

Question.
About half of the time my indicators work fine and the rest of the time both sides blink simultaneously. Slower of course.
No matter if I choose left or right. Also sometimes they start ok and after a few blinks they go wrong.
Why is this happening? Where do left and right come together? Is it the switch? Can’t imagine how that would cause this problem to both sides.

We were visited by @red66toy today. It was nice talking to someone who knows about early cruisers, there are not many on this side of the ocean that recognize stamped bezels and dual sided turn signals😉. Thanks Chase. Have fun in Europe.
2ED00087-CFE4-4CD4-96A6-D76228C3DD25.jpeg

We were visited by @red66toy today. It was nice talking to someone who knows about early cruisers, there are not many on this side of the ocean that recognize stamped bezels and dual sided turn signals😉. Thanks Chase. Have fun in Europe.
View attachment 3145586
So great to meet you! It was so cool we could make it happen. And thank you for showing me the amazing cruisers. Such awesome attention to detail. It’s a blast to put faces to these mud profiles. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom