ROTW Trim Levels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While this isn't the most interesting topic on the board, I am having difficulty finding trim levels in non-USA models (ROTW).

For example, a 200 Series in Oz can be had in GX, but only comes with a 1VD-FTV and a 6 speed automatic transmission. Some mod cons are also included, i.e. it isn't a stripped out Work Mate or similar. For those that don't know, we only get the "soccer mom" edition or the "footballer's" edition in the States, loaded to the gills with every gadget known to man, so the lower trim levels are not familiar here.

Toyota of Gibraltar offers a LHD VDJ200L-GNMAZ, with a split rear lift gate and a manual transmission. In GNMAZ trim, the vehicle is configured for eight people, with side folding rear seats and a tumble middle row. Interior is cloth and while trim is not bare bones, many soccer mom features are simply absent. The GDMNZ trim is pretty bare bones with steel wheels, plain black side view mirrors and barn doors. An email to the sales manager revealed that Toyota of Gibralter isn't a dealership, but a subsidiary of corporate in Japan and they only sell in large quantities or to approved NGOs.

What countries or markets still receive these bare bones versions, specifically in 70 and 200 Series? My guess is the Middle East and Africa, but without going to the Toyota page for each country, finding details has proven difficult.

Thanks in advance.

While this isn't the most interesting topic on the board, I am having difficulty finding trim levels in non-USA models (ROTW).

For example, a 200 Series in Oz can be had in GX, but only comes with a 1VD-FTV and a 6 speed automatic transmission. Some mod cons are also included, i.e. it isn't a stripped out Work Mate or similar. For those that don't know, we only get the "soccer mom" edition or the "footballer's" edition in the States, loaded to the gills with every gadget known to man, so the lower trim levels are not familiar here.

Toyota of Gibraltar offers a LHD VDJ200L-GNMAZ, with a split rear lift gate and a manual transmission. In GNMAZ trim, the vehicle is configured for eight people, with side folding rear seats and a tumble middle row. Interior is cloth and while trim is not bare bones, many soccer mom features are simply absent. The GDMNZ trim is pretty bare bones with steel wheels, plain black side view mirrors and barn doors. An email to the sales manager revealed that Toyota of Gibralter isn't a dealership, but a subsidiary of corporate in Japan and they only sell in large quantities or to approved NGOs.

What countries or markets still receive these bare bones versions, specifically in 70 and 200 Series? My guess is the Middle East and Africa, but without going to the Toyota page for each country, finding details has proven difficult.

Thanks in advance.

I agree there is little info about them here.

You might be surprised at how much info is included on the wikipedia page for the land cruiser.

Head to this section and scroll all the way down through various series to the 200:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom