My upcoming '02 LX470 Overland Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I misread the earlier post, The rig is in the US. It will not be cheap to bring it and legalize it here. you will have about 9-10 grand into it by the time you are legal. Import duties are about 70% of black book value. I am always looking for deals here and can point you in the direction of a good, 200 or so Turbo diesel standard 5 speed for about $15000. Or a good 80 series for 10ish.

I misread the earlier post, The rig is in the US. It will not be cheap to bring it and legalize it here. you will have about 9-10 grand into it by the time you are legal. Import duties are about 70% of black book value. I am always looking for deals here and can point you in the direction of a good, 200 or so Turbo diesel standard 5 speed for about $15000. Or a good 80 series for 10ish.
I will be interested in that "2000 or so Turbo diesel standard 5 speed for about $15000" in about 5 years!

Haha, no worries. The LX is definitely staying in the US, no plans to bring it down. I have my '08 Prado GX at our house in Flamingo (Diesel w/manual) and absolutely love that car.

So finally got the title (guy had lost it and had to reorder one). I had taken delivery of the car almost two weeks ago and as I mentioned had a new battery installed at that time. Since I didn't have the title, I didn't want to drive it (even though legally I should be ok) so it had been sitting for the last two weeks. Go to start it this morning and it's completely dead. Assume that's because the battery is new and was really only driven about 40 miles after the initial install?

Last edited:
So as soon as I get it jumped, I'm taking it to my mechanic to get some of the more pressing things fixed. The Rear Control Arms will need to be replaced asap but since I will be getting it lifted in the next few months, should I wait to do it then?

So as soon as I get it jumped, I'm taking it to my mechanic to get some of the more pressing things fixed. The Rear Control Arms will need to be replaced asap but since I will be getting it lifted in the next few months, should I wait to do it then?
Rear Control arms will be the same whether you lift it or not. Many ppl here have lifted their trucks upto almost 3 inches in the rear with factory control arms and no ill side effects. There are adjustable control arms available if you want to spend more but they are not necessary.

Rear Control arms will be the same whether you lift it or not. Many ppl here have lifted their trucks upto almost 3 inches in the rear with factory control arms and no ill side effects. There are adjustable control arms available if you want to spend more but they are not necessary.

Thank you! That's very helpful.

Shouldn't be, batteries have a charge when they leave the factory, can't imagine a battery being dead after sitting two weeks unless it was a year old sitting on the shelf when you bought it

Will be having the truck lifted in a few months when all the parts get in (doing lift and bumpers at the same time) but wanted to know if the Toyo Tires Open Country A/T III LT285/75R16 would fit now? The stock tire size is 275/70R16 but I've been told the larger tire would fit no problem.

Will be having the truck lifted in a few months when all the parts get in (doing lift and bumpers at the same time) but wanted to know if the Toyo Tires Open Country A/T III LT285/75R16 would fit now? The stock tire size is 275/70R16 but I've been told the larger tire would fit no problem.
They'll fit just fine. Better get the tires you want now rather than buying them twice!

So after careful consideration, I think I'm going to hold off on installing a rear bumper and opt for a simple tow bar for the time being. The job itself seems to be pretty easy and I'm leaning towards the Drawtite model. Also, looking at roof rack systems and would love any suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom