1969 Fj40 Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new to Mud and this is my first post so please forgive my ignorance. I look forward to becoming a Landcruiser owner soon. I am in high school and I am looking at this for my first vehicle.

I’ve been considering the purchase of a Fj40. I particularly like the 1969. I’ve done numerous searches but can’t seem to find what different body styles were available. Or, what options if any. Does the 69’ come with a hard top? If not, can one be fitted to it correctly?

These vehicles came to USA up until 1983. Please research here on timeline evolution as the 1970s a lot of changes were had. And not all were good. The 1969 is one solid rig, the 1975/1976 being perhaps the best of the lot. Reason is steel vs. drivetrain. One improved, the other not so much.

If you like the looks of a '69 you'll like the looks of all the '40's. I was un aware of the subtle changes until
I got my '75.......25 years ago.

These vehicles came to USA up until 1983. Please research here on timeline evolution as the 1970s a lot of changes were had. And not all were good. The 1969 is one solid rig, the 1975/1976 being perhaps the best of the lot. Reason is steel vs. drivetrain. One improved, the other not so much.

that’s good information, thank you

If you like the looks of a '69 you'll like the looks of all the '40's. I was un aware of the subtle changes until
I got my '75.......25 years ago.
Wow! 25 years of fj40 ownership! Hopefully that will be me in 25 years.

Just be aware that many cruisers are mixing parts from different years. I’ve seen numerous FJ40’s with the later front bib & rectangular headlight bezel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom