Cottonland Picture of the Day Thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

6BEB938A-91D6-43A8-B420-DF408ACE24EF.jpeg

Exactly what I was thinking. I was like “where is that road, exactly?”

Arches NP, beautiful country we live in.

AABD3933-587D-4461-864B-A078A4C77A59.jpeg

20200705_203049.jpg

Was it crowded?

Some what at the various pull outs for arches along main drag but no wait to get in. We went near top to devils garden, took road right before it. Only saw 7 vehicles along the way. For 10.5 miles......

Was perfect!

The Cathedral. Cumberland Caverns

20200706_120401.jpg

From that distance, a clear front sight is imperative. When my agency transitioned to MRDS, and I could focus on the target instead of my front sight (which required reading glasses to get a clear picture), I enjoyed shooting again...and I was dropping 8” plates at 50 yards, standing, one handed...a good MRDS is cheating.

From that distance, a clear front sight is imperative. When my agency transitioned to MRDS, and I could focus on the target instead of my front sight (which required reading glasses to get a clear picture), I enjoyed shooting again...and I was dropping 8” plates at 50 yards, standing, one handed...a good MRDS is cheating.

This Sig 365xl is so so so legit.
What’s a good MRDS for it

This Sig 365xl is so so so legit.
What’s a good MRDS for it

The Sig Sauer Romeo Zero is the only red dot for the 365...might be hard to find but it’s a nice package.

Just like a dot on a rifle, you’ll need to relearn shooting with both eyes open, focused down-range on your target.

The toughest part of shooting a handgun with an optic is picking up the optic on a draw stroke. It takes reps. A trick is to imagine the handgun’s backplate at chin-level on every presentation.

If you don’t pick it up immediately, you need to train to transition to iron sights or (if close) to reference the optic’s window.

The Sig Sauer Romeo Zero is the only red dot for the 365...might be hard to find but it’s a nice package.

Just like a dot on a rifle, you’ll need to relearn shooting with both eyes open, focused down-range on your target.

The toughest part of shooting a handgun with an optic is picking up the optic on a draw stroke. It takes reps. A trick is to imagine the handgun’s backplate at chin-level on every presentation.

If you don’t pick it up immediately, you need to train to transition to iron sights or (if close) to reference the optic’s window.
Damn right...

1594089122276.png

FDB4625D-4C56-42AB-8428-AA2E29EFA9A0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom