Windshield frame differences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In my search for a windshield frame for my May of 1980 40 it has been brought to my attention that the wiper motor cover size changed in 1978. Are there any other changes that I need to be aware of before purchasing a windshield frame? Thanks

Wiper motor/cover was smaller on earlier windshields. Only replacement motor I think are the larger one. Believe a mod is needed to update to the larger motor. If you'd hood has a dummy where the washer nozzle is you can replace that with a real one. Trying to run one inside the windshield would be difficult. 10/81+ will have two wires for the dome light. Maybe some other small changes like holes verses fixed nuts for the soft top on later ones. Hinges and defrost all line up.

Wiper motor/cover was smaller on earlier windshields. Only replacement motor I think are the larger one. Believe a mod is needed to update to the larger motor. If you'd hood has a dummy where the washer nozzle is you can replace that with a real one. Trying to run one inside the windshield would be difficult. 10/81+ will have two wires for the dome light. Maybe some other small changes like holes verses fixed nuts for the soft top on later ones. Hinges and defrost all line up.
From what I can find online the windshields from 1977 -1984 are the same. I have a large wiper motor cover from my 1980 and a NOS OEM intermittent wiper motor with control knob that I will be installing

From what I can find online the windshields from 1977 -1984 are the same. I have a large wiper motor cover from my 1980 and a NOS OEM intermittent wiper motor with control knob that I will be installing

I show the change 9/77 (78 model) for the windshield frame and wiper motor/cover. The nozzle changed that date as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom