Land Cruiser painter in Western Oregon/Southwest Washington (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I've got a 1987 FJ 60 that I really enjoy. It's in great shape, and I've made many of the changes I'd like to make to it.

I would, however, like to get it re-painted.

Any recommendations for inexpensive painters within a three-hour radius of Portland, Oregon? I've met with several very good painters in our area who are great people and do awesome work; however, despite the risks and potential problems that can come with cost-cutting measures, I'm looking for something less expensive.

Thanks.

Dan
Portland, Oregon

Hi, I've got a 1987 FJ 60 that I really enjoy. It's in great shape, and I've made many of the changes I'd like to make to it.

I would, however, like to get it re-painted.

Any recommendations for inexpensive painters within a three-hour radius of Portland, Oregon? I've met with several very good painters in our area who are great people and do awesome work; however, despite the risks and potential problems that can come with cost-cutting measures, I'm looking for something less expensive.

Thanks.

Dan
Portland, Oregon

Theres always Maaco

1593464753269.jpeg

Ive got a guy. PM me for details. He’s in Estacada, Oregon. This is my buddies car.

that's true, but it's hard to find painters or shops in the vast gulf between Maaco and $15k full resto jobs where many folks' needs and budgets are. Especially if you're willing to do some of the work and only apply experienced labor where it's the best value.

that's true, but it's hard to find painters or shops in the vast gulf between Maaco and $15k full resto jobs where many folks' needs and budgets are. Especially if you're willing to do some of the work and only apply experienced labor where it's the best value.

being as prep is the key to a good paint job, I would think it would be difficult to find a high quality shop to do the finish while someone they don't know does the prep.
maybe a 1 man shop who does it on the side?
what kind of paint job are you looking for? full glass outre-spray? or just mask off everything and spray?

Thanks for the input.

I suspect what I've got in mind isn't reality. I visited with many, many painters, all of which quoted me prices that exceeded how much I paid for the truck.

There's a guy at my gym who had his rig painted at an unbelievable price, in under 3 days. The truck looks fantastic, but, like 3_puppies pointed out, the paint was mostly masking off everything and spraying. I'm looking for someone who does it as a side hustle, with a goal of improving the cosmetic appearance of the truck and perhaps reducing its risk of cancer, but not a showroom-ready appearance. I'm hopeful Hojack's lead will pan out.

Thanks again.

Why don't you just park it overnight in front of the Federal Courthouse... Someone will do it for free!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom