OE Long Travel 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You reference a compromised scrub radius - can you elaborate? I have +10mm off set wheels on my 4Runner and have noticed literally zero change in driving characteristics other than, of course, limiting clearance between wheel edge and body.

c65328d9f8fa4de6f42b7d1ed536d0d5.jpg

@04UZJ100 I wouldn't be worried about your 10 on your 4Runner a lot of guys run zero... I have always had wider offset Wheels with no issues whatsoever since the 80s.. i realize IFS is different however I think a lot of guys on this website are just sensitive to it coming from car backgrounds. The main issue here is clearance especially with articulation so you would probably want to be around 35 or so

Thanks for the suggestions. The least offset I see at Alpha Equipt is +35. Factory is +56, which is already flush with the body on this suspension. G0003s are probably a little aggressive for a vehicle I want to remain highway friendly. But yeah 285/70-18 or 275-70-18 are going to be the name of the game.

I've got 275/70 R18 KO2's on the BBS Heritage wheels. I actually really like a little skinnier, tall tire. They are inset like you mention and have been debating on adding spacers. You are more than welcome to check em out in town.

I've got 275/70 R18 KO2's on the BBS Heritage wheels. I actually really like a little skinnier, tall tire. They are inset like you mention and have been debating on adding spacers. You are more than welcome to check em out in town.

Yeah, that's the size I'm looking at. K02s run so small, the 34s on the Ranger measure out at 33.

We definitely have very different suspensions at this point. Wait till I get the truck back from Overland Cruisers, then drop by for a beer or coffee and to talk trucks at some point.

@04UZJ100 I wouldn't be worried about your 10 on your 4Runner a lot of guys run zero... I have always had wider offset Wheels with no issues whatsoever since the 80s.. i realize IFS is different however I think a lot of guys on this website are just sensitive to it coming from car backgrounds. The main issue here is clearance especially with articulation so you would probably want to be around 35 or so

I gave it some thought before running the SCS wheels I have now, but noticed zero difference in any driving characteristics.

I plan to run +25mm on the Cruiser without issue as well seeing as the suspension components between the 4R and Cruiser are almost identical aside from the Cruiser being beefier.

Last edited:
I am also riding on LT275/70-18 but with 1.0 inch spacers so if you want to see the clearance just send me a PM. We need more than one 200 on our local 406Cruisers (BZN on ih8mud) trail rides.

Does this front suspension yield better flex? Would it’s rti be better?

There's about two inches of additional wheel travel. Once it's back from the shop I plan on flexing it out on a loading dock ramp for photos. I do believe the RTI will be improved.

Hi Wes. I enjoy your write ups on your Ranger. Good stuff.

I have an LX and run 285/75/17s on ICON Vector 5s which have a +25 offset and have not had any problems with tucking after some minor reshaping on the well liner. I am not sure how much more travel you will have with your setup though:

DA98273A-3DF4-460F-8D86-ACBA1C753B9F.jpeg

0AF391A9-D920-4813-A538-8372878ABF29.jpeg

Also, not to hijack the thread, but we are considering finding a long term rental in MT to hole up in for the next 4-6 weeks so that we can explore the area. We will need to have very good internet access so are looking around Missoula and Bozeman, but we are wondering about any "can't miss" places to explore in the truck. We are thinking of 3-4 day trips from wherever we are based. Hopefully with good scenery and good fishing.

If any of you MT based folks have any suggestions you wouldn't mind sharing by PM, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, not to hijack the thread, but we are considering finding a long term rental in MT to hole up in for the next 4-6 weeks so that we can explore the area. We will need to have very good internet access so are looking around Missoula and Bozeman, but we are wondering about any "can't miss" places to explore in the truck. We are thinking of 3-4 day trips from wherever we are based. Hopefully with good scenery and good fishing.

If any of you MT based folks have any suggestions you wouldn't mind sharing by PM, I would greatly appreciate it.

Yellowstone. Then pretty much throw a rock and hit amazing up here.

Just please be careful about spreading the virus. We still have remarkably few cases, and it'd be nice to keep it that way.

Reactions: HGB
Yellowstone. Then pretty much throw a rock and hit amazing up here.

Just please be careful about spreading the virus. We still have remarkably few cases, and it'd be nice to keep it that way.

Thanks. Yeah, of course. While we always travel to be self-sufficient and completely isolated anyways, we are keeping an eye on how things play out before making any decisions on any further trips at this point. If it seems at all like we cannot travel responsibly or if any of our destinations impose restrictions, we'll stay put. It's not that important. There's always next year.

Edited to add: We love Yellowstone and the Tetons, but aren't interested in NPs at this time. We are looking for more remote (less crowded) options.

Thanks. Yeah, of course. While we always travel to be self-sufficient and completely isolated anyways, we are keeping an eye on how things play out before making any decisions on any further trips at this point. If it seems at all like we cannot travel responsibly or if any of our destinations impose restrictions, we'll stay put. It's not that important. There's always next year.

Edited to add: We love Yellowstone and the Tetons, but aren't interested in NPs at this time. We are looking for more remote (less crowded) options.

DM me and I'll drop you a couple pins.

Way better than Evo....these are real racing wheels. You tell them what offset you want.

Great looking rig...

Reactions: HGB
If you are looking to keep a 17" wheel, 285/75r17 are about the best looking and performing size for this lift/setup. 35/11.50 work well too, but gears are really helpful going that tall. Check with trail tailer on here and see if he still has some light weight tourflex springs for the rear.
I tried OME 2721, 2722, and Icon springs. Tour flex are amazing.
May want to install taller bumpstops up front if you havent. Just a little extra precaution when cruising high speed stuff.

Also the 285/7018 in Nitto Ridge Grapplers are a great size for 100/200 on OE wheels. BFG has lost my business for good on there ill sizing and outter tread issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom