SOLD 1985 BJ60, 5 speed, factory A/C, rusty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Outside Link
https://imgur.com/a/CDYX79P
EDIT: SALE PENDING MONDAY TO A CUSTOMER WHO LEFT A CASH DEPOSIT. WILL UPDATE THE LISTING THEN.

391K kilometers (~243,000 miles)

This 10/85 Canadian market BJ60 was purchased by me in 2008 and imported and registered in Portland, Oregon, where it still resides. The body and frame both have rust issues. This truck would be best as a parts truck, donor, or trail rig.

Features:
3B diesel engine gets ~20 mpg. Compression was ~420 on all cylinders when last checked. Fires up first glow, glow relay still works. No leaks, leaves the driveway clean.
H55f 5-speed transmission, no issues.
Suspension lift (unknown manufacturer)
Factory A/C (does not work)
Power steering
Power clutch assist
Tires have ~50% tread (curb damage on passenger side.)
Two brand new batteries

Extras included in sale:
- Toyota B-Series Engine Manual
- Toyota Land Cruiser 60-Series Body and Frame manual
- Left headlight bucket and turn signal lens
- Front and rear FJ62 seat belts
- FJ62 grab bar
- Tie rod ends set (Japanese 555 brand)
- Extra factory glow relays (both)

Major known issues: Rust on frame and body, A/C does not work.

Link to images:

Asking $5,250. Thanks for looking.

EDIT: Updated album with four more images of the rust. Also, the vehicle is listed locally: FS: 1985 BJ60 Toyota Land Cruiser (diesel, 5 speed) - cars & trucks...

Last edited:
Doesn’t look all that rusty...I’d probably buy it- but I’m in the other Portland...

Doesn’t look all that rusty...I’d probably buy it- but I’m in the other Portland...
Agree, at this price with a 5 speed, worth the time and $ to get sorted!

What are the frame rust issues? hard to see anything worrying in the two frame photos.

Added more rust pics to the imgur album. As stated, IMO this is a good trail rig, donor, or parts truck.
I will take your 5 speed then!

Well, I thought about parting it out, but don't have the time and interest. It would generate more than $5k though, I imagine; if the frame and body were straight it'd be a real keeper. Like, the dashboard doesn't even have any cracks!

Sale pending on Monday for a customer who provided a cash deposit. Will update again on Monday night one way or the other.

The sale has been postponed until Tuesday, but given that the buyer is flying one-way from southern CA, I think it's probably leaving my hands then.

Either way I will update this ad tomorrow afternoon, say by 3 pm PST, after meeting with that person. Thanks all for the interest.

The sale has been postponed until Tuesday, but given that the buyer is flying one-way from southern CA, I think it's probably leaving my hands then.

Either way I will update this ad tomorrow afternoon, say by 3 pm PST, after meeting with that person. Thanks all for the interest.
Unless he’s got a side chick then I’m gunna guess it’s as good as sold lol

I imagine you already have quite the line if the sale falls through, but I am interested as well! I have some friends nearby in Seattle who could go this weekend. Thanks!

Yeah some brave soul offered me $6k, too bad for me I have integrity I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom