What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that under the passenger seat? Pretty good space there.

its a little deceiving since there were some mods (removing some plastic supports attached to the carpet and not re-attaching the underseat duct trim cover ) I had to do get this to work... actually spent days (with the LC apart in my driveway) thinking about how to position all the equipment. Also not shown is another 4 channel amp i squeezed next to the JBL factory amp...

drivers side.jpg

its a little deceiving since there were some mods (removing some plastic supports attached to the carpet and not re-attaching the underseat duct trim cover ) I had to do get this to work... actually spent days (with the LC apart in my driveway) thinking about how to position all the equipment. Also not shown is another 4 channel amp i squeezed next to the JBL factory amp...

View attachment 2347945

Did you modify the stereo with the additional amp, have a build? What did you do?

Did you modify the stereo with the additional amp, have a build? What did you do?

I was craving better audio out of my LC, but wanted to keep factory look / controls and have everything hidden. This project came together in various stages:

1st : Just swapped interior speakers out - including sub + added sound deadening to all doors and sub area.
2nd: Wanted more bass, so added an AudioControl LC2i and a small sub amp.... this made a big difference.
3rd: Still not satisfied. Wanted more clarity and control over mids/highs - craved better soundstage and more volume - added AudioControl DM-810 DSP to grab the audio signal post JBL Factory amp and clean it i up - fed it to two 4 channel AudioControl amps and an Alpine sub amp. Currently powering and have EQ/Control over all speakers except for rear tailgate. Everything is hidden. Sounds amazing and I'm satisfied... for now....

Put on 295/70/18s :cool:

A425BC0A-BE49-4A74-856E-8636EE8BB277_1_201_a.jpeg

B29D8B3F-19AB-4020-80A2-62DEBF8C9185_1_201_a.jpeg

87B49F8B-F8C3-4DE9-B620-D9419087E1EE.jpeg

953A4A35-15CF-47C9-B14B-5B64C36AB3BF_1_201_a.jpeg

Stumbled upon Deal's Gap while out with the family for the weekend. Of course I had to log into a roadside photographer site (Xtreme Sport Photography) for a poser shot cruising the Dragon.
2951789.jpg

Had a buddy help me put the new SPCs in and the Trail Tailor skids. Had to beat the mounts around a bit, probably should have had the skids earlier. Such is life.

Tsk tsk... I don't see any Anti-Sieze on those threads... :p

I don’t have a super exciting mod to share, but we just took deliver of our new 200 on Saturday, so I spent all day Sunday prepping and ceramic coating it with cquartz UK 3.0. It’s amazing how much iron contamination came out of a brand new car.

C0B6A4A0-8370-4CF8-BE9C-B23FA03C9C8D.jpeg

DC143F93-1817-4B9F-BDA6-8E6DAA82048A.jpeg

Pre coating
E3F91093-E398-4719-AC98-2260A4AE1923.jpeg

post coating
19264B5A-66CC-43B6-A185-CEC3BB192C97.jpeg

24FCE6E5-8FC7-4501-AEDC-34D6B8A8D2F3.jpeg

I did the headlights and tail lights and chrome trim as well, I’ll do the wheels another weekend.

Looks great! What sort of cutting/trimming was necessary
Quite a bit. I cut a lot of the fender liner away from in front of the tire. Like 6 inches up probably. Also cut just about 1.5 inches from the actual corner of the bumper cover too? Kind of like a little triangle about the size of a Dorito. And obviously KDSS brackets. But I have absolutely zero rub now lock to lock. And probably 1mm clearence on the KDSS bar. I’m stoked.

I don’t have a super exciting mod to share, but we just took deliver of our new 200 on Saturday, so I spent all day Sunday prepping and ceramic coating it with cquartz UK 3.0. It’s amazing how much iron contamination came out of a brand new car.

View attachment 2349274
View attachment 2349278
Pre coating
View attachment 2349275
post coating
View attachment 2349276
View attachment 2349277
I did the headlights and tail lights and chrome trim as well, I’ll do the wheels another weekend.

Looks great! I used the Turtle Wax hybrid ceramic wax and polish. It did a great job.

I didn’t appreciate the BP color until really looking at the paint during my detail.

Any idea if it has a clear coat or not?

Looks great! I used the Turtle Wax hybrid ceramic wax and polish. It did a great job.

I didn’t appreciate the BP color until really looking at the paint during my detail.

Any idea if it has a clear coat or not?

I guess I never considered that it wouldn’t have clear coat, I assumed most new cars did...looking at it it’s conceivable that it has a white base coat with a pearl top coat, I am not sure how to tell. I was somewhat curious why the color costs a premium.

I guess I never considered that it wouldn’t have clear coat, I assumed most new cars did...looking at it it’s conceivable that it has a white base coat with a pearl top coat, I am not sure how to tell. I was somewhat curious why the color costs a premium.

There is nothing conclusive on the internets. What are your thoughts? I don’t have the experience to tell. Anything you shouldn’t do detail/maintenance wise if it does/doesn’t?

Toyota has had a bad reputation with their white paints in the past - seems to be a domestic production issue Only though.

Replaced rear rotors and pads. 50k, still had life left

There is nothing conclusive on the internets. What are your thoughts? I don’t have the experience to tell. Anything you shouldn’t do detail/maintenance wise if it does/doesn’t?

Toyota has had a bad reputation with their white paints in the past - seems to be a domestic production issue Only though.
Typically with non-clear coat cars when detailed with an orbital polisher or any kind of mechanical polisher, there is a transfer of paint to the pad. Now it's hard to tell with the white in question (I have the same white on my 16' lc200) but when I decontaminated mine and started polishing with a micro fiber cutting pad, I got no paint transfer at all. Which leads me to believe there is a clear coat, probably a very thin one at that Toyota isn't known for great paint. I also believe Toyota's issue with single stage white paint was with the "brilliant white" I've only seen it on lower trim level Tundras and Tacoma's up to the year 2014. I've been detailing cars for a while FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom