June 20th Green Trail Club Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@YotaFun ... I could feel the pull trail J had on you as we were headed for the exit. I fully expected you and Andy to make the left and head down. Would I have followed ... we will never know :meh:

I wonder if I will ever stop being amazed when I see what near stock 40 series are capable of doing.
Same! That little truck puts up with a lot - it’s the ultimate compensation for my complete lack of credible driving skills.

Every time I have it out I’m amazed and what it can get over.

Yes indeed it was a very good day of wheeling yesterday. Hats off to Andy for a great selection of trails for the day- amazes me that he can find trails that I've never been on (or at least don't remember!). And thanks to Crusha for the ride (as usual). Our club's green trail rides are awesome- Andy ramps it up a bit here and there to let drivers expand their understanding of jut what their trucks can do. I saw it many times yesterday, and that is one of the things that makes our club attractive. Looked like a mini swap meet, too, at times- tires and wheels, winch, third members, auxiliary light kit, service manuals, don't know what all changed hands in the staging area!

We had more rigs than usual, talked about splitting into two groups but then decided to just head out with a long string. It worked out very well. I believe we had two 4Runners, Rick's 40, two HDJ81's, Aaron in his diesel 62, Jody in his 100 series, and a few 80 series. If I miss anyone excuse my piss poor memory. We got out of the staging area till about 9:30 after the hordes of jeeps and rovers had departed. Had a surprise when there was a park employee at the gate to enter the park who was checking wrist bands! seems people were bragging on Facebook that they never paid for passengers at Rausch and the park is now tightening up in that area.

I can't tell you what all trails we did because we covered a lot of ground and as I said before Andy selected some trails with which I wasn't familiar. We did go down the power line trail- first time for me as I've always just gone up it on my way out of the bottom section. Two brand new looking Chevy trucks tucked into out group for a short while- until they saw where we were going then then bailed. Had some traffic issues with jeep groups but nothing to get pissed about. All in all it was a great day on the trial. Had some sun, had some clouds but the rain and thunderstorms stayed away. Couldn't ask for much more for a club wheeling day!!!!

All in all, a great time was had, shout out to Andy, @jamarquardt22, Ahvi(hope I spelled it right), @YotaFun , for setting it up, leading etc.

Nice to meet Gary,@shmukster, Andy @Pacer , (thanks for letting me drive the RC trucks, they were cool. And your Fuso powered ((4DR55?)) 60 sounds fantastic.), fellow 19 series, Armor and Cav brother, @joabmc , @JeepinPete with the awesome 97 80 Series, @crawyota with the FJCruiser, @Cass007, @Rics4rnr and son and Greg,@Crusha with his 80 that covered the rear 6.

Many a time I thought about Vince, @VBRoamer while on the trail and wished you could be with us. But, safety amd family are pinnacle in everything we do, and wish you and the wife good health during these odd times.

Looking forward to the next trail run.

@Cass007, should have gone my way. It poured half the way down 81. The beige is definitely growing on me, it really hides the dust!

@Cass007, should have gone my way. It poured half the way down 81. The beige is definitely growing on me, it really hides the dust!
Yeah I poured on the way back down 81. Washed some of it off.

All in all, a great time was had, shout out to Andy, @jamarquardt22, Ahvi(hope I spelled it right), @YotaFun , for setting it up, leading etc.

Nice to meet Gary,@shmukster, Andy @Pacer , (thanks for letting me drive the RC trucks, they were cool. And your Fuso powered ((4DR55?)) 60 sounds fantastic.), fellow 19 series, Armor and Cav brother, @joabmc , @JeepinPete with the awesome 97 80 Series, @crawyota with the FJCruiser, @Cass007, @Rics4rnr and son and Greg,@Crusha with his 80 that covered the rear 6.

Many a time I thought about Vince, @VBRoamer while on the trail and wished you could be with us. But, safety amd family are pinnacle in everything we do, and wish you and the wife good health during these odd times.

4d34
Sorry i never opened the hood for ya, next time.

4d34
Sorry i never opened the hood for ya, next time.

I too, want to see the guts of this mythical beast. That thing was hauling down the trail yesterday.

Looks like a great time!

Hey guys , I had a great time also , it was nice to get out after almost 2 yrs. Also nice to see some old friends and make new ones. I'll be looking forward to riding with yall again in the future.

Bonus @Rics4rnr montage

View attachment 2346668

View attachment 2346669

Yota version of the low rider 3-wheel motion
View attachment 2346670

Do you want mud circles on the driveway?!?!?
View attachment 2346673

Because this is how you end up with mud circles our your driveway ...
View attachment 2346674

My only disappointment from the day was that it didn't pour down raining on the ride home and clean off my truck. Great seeing people again (yes Gary, I am Chris .. lol) and meeting several new faces. Hope to see you all again soon for more trails.

Seems my rear locker is still hit and miss right now, but I do not feel like spending another fortune to replace it and also don't need another repair project atm. I will try to verify that when the light does come on solid that it actually engaged or not.

PS - Shout-out to @VBRoamer (my personal trail guide and spirit animal). You were missed. You would have loved this day. Stay safe and may you and your wife remain in good health. Looking forward to seeing you on trails again when Covid-19 is in the rear view.

Thanks, Chris! Looks like it was a fun day. Livin' vicariously through these pics. Seems like everybody had a great time.

Thanks, also. Per Arnold, "I'LL BE BACK"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom