What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Film wrapped the doors, rocker panel, rear fender including above the doors, rear bumper and tow cover. It's almost scratch-proof.
    1. The only places that are not wrapped are the roof, rear lift-gate and tail-gate.
    2. I may wrap those too some day. :cool:
  2. Redarc Tow Pro Elite trailer brake controller. :bounce:
  3. 6GA wire, 60A Blue sea systems breaker and Anderson SB50 power tap straight from the battery to under dash on the driver's side.
    1. To be used mainly for charging a Goal Zero 1400 that has a built in battery minder.
    2. Yes I get that I could potentially run the battery down if I was stupid, however:
      1. I wanted to minimize the stuff added to the electrical system
      2. There's a 2nd battery on the way (I already have Slee's tray for a group 35 battery).
IMG_4476s.jpg
IMG_4477s.jpg
IMG_4478s.jpg
IMG_4488s.jpg
IMG_4487s.jpg

Recently got new Tires Nitto Terra Grappler G2 stock size. NTB said they were balanced and report on alignment looked good. One road trip pulling boat 600 miles round trip and pull to right for entire drive. I am ready for next oil change so back to NTB and see if they can fix the pull to right. Hoping just the alignment is off.

Nothing special, just added this drop hitch.

84A45A44-ED29-409B-9EE4-FA40FB507A85.jpeg

9F63FF63-58C7-4E52-A87C-359E77EE9BDC.jpeg

BDF42BF8-C4E3-4549-A657-CD9764E13A19.jpeg

I have to say a BIG!!!

Thank you to Eric and his crew at Ed Martin Toyota!!!

The BEST Toyota Dealer for Land Cruiser Owner's in the USA!!!

They are #1 for a reason.

Rolls Royce / Lexus level customer service & support.

Added BH3D cup holder.
BH3D cup holder.jpg

Also added BH3D 4 Wheel Drive badge. Like the retro look; plus it immediately gave improved off road performance.

BH3D Aluminum Badge.jpg

We have officially named our LC "Snowball".
She's snow white and I predict things will tend to "snowball" when it comes to upgrades and adventures. :)

Recently got new Tires Nitto Terra Grappler G2 stock size. NTB said they were balanced and report on alignment looked good. One road trip pulling boat 600 miles round trip and pull to right for entire drive. I am ready for next oil change so back to NTB and see if they can fix the pull to right. Hoping just the alignment is off.

Double check alignment numbers and if the shop didn’t account for the road crown in the caster adjustment that could be the reason for the pull to the right. The speciality alignment shop I went to did a fantastic job after my lift and UCAs were installed. There is around .3 degrees difference to account for the road crown and my LC drives better then stock with the lift and larger tires.
I am not expert on towing but I imagine if things are dialed in with the trailer that could also play a part in the poor road manners.

Got my Odyssey group 35 in today and I got it mounted to Slee's tray in about 15 minutes.
Next is a DC to DC charger like a Redarc.
Does anyone know of a good installer in the greater Baltimore area?
IMG_4510s.jpg

Got my Odyssey group 35 in today and I got it mounted to Slee's tray in about 15 minutes.
Next is a DC to DC charger like a Redarc.
Does anyone know of a good installer in the greater Baltimore area?
View attachment 2345382
Reach out to Nick at Backwoods Overland in Mount Airy, MD

Finally got some AT shoes on. Fresh from the factory, Toyo Open Country ATIII (AT3) in LT275/70r18 Aired up to 41psi (right, @gaijin ?)

Just drove 200+ miles from SF to Tahoe and was very impressed with their onroad handling and lack of hum; speeds up to 80+mph. The profile is more aggressive than I expected given some others’ feedback; almost mud terrain look with the scalloped side-lugs.

They are 8 lbs lighter than my previous tire (Kumho Crugen HT51 Highway All Season) and the diet is noticeable. Hope to get some dirt this week.

A85BC8E1-F9FC-4A93-A48C-FDED2456549E.jpeg

55D867A2-3EEF-4045-937C-A87010531FF8.jpeg

514EE6AE-E58E-4D12-BEB8-24C0132DC407.jpeg

CB454A89-3C9F-4CEC-AC60-91BFA96796A9.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got some AT shoes on. Fresh from the factory, Toyo Open Country ATIII (AT3) in LT275/70r18 Aired up to 41psi (right, @gaijin ?)

Just drove 200+ miles from SF to Tahoe and was very impressed with their onroad handling and lack of hum; speeds up to 80+mph. The profile is more aggressive than I expected given some others’ feedback; almost mud terrain look with the scalloped side-lugs.

They are 8 lbs lighter than my previous tire (Kumho Crugen HT51 Highway All Season) and the diet is noticeable. Hope to get some dirt this week.

View attachment 2345514

View attachment 2345515

View attachment 2345516

View attachment 2345517
Nice. Curious how they work offroad. They look good. If you take i80 you would have driven right past our shop in colfax, feel free to stop in and say hi if you are driving through during business hours.

Nice. Curious how they work offroad. They look good. If you take i80 you would have driven right past our shop in colfax, feel free to stop in and say hi if you are driving through during business hours.
Ha! Been driving the corridor every weekend in the winter (kids on ski team at Squaw). Then we hid out at our rental for the ‘rona lockdown 2020. I’ll definitely stop by at some point.

Unfortunately we have to vacate our lease this month. The other tourists are on the way up and our landlord (a doctor heading up the coronavirus team on the peninsula!) put the cabin back in the short term rental pool. It was great to be away from the nuts in SF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom