Little help or direction... ps pump or crank tick (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's the key part number? Im replacing pump, key and sprocket...done messing around!

9028005008.jpg

Last edited:
I had a tick on my truck at one time. Crawl underneath the truck and have someone tap the starter to slowly turn the crank. Keep an eye between the harmonic balancer and the timing cover. If the balancer is 25 years old the rubber will start to protrude from the back and slap the timing cover on every rotation. If that's not the culprit then its probably the ps pump. Replacing my balancer made a big difference on mine. When I replaced my pump a new tick emerged. Doesn't really bother me and its slowly getting quieter.

@Tortuga Blanca how did you go with this mate? I’ve got a super annoying tick that sounds like yours. It’s either injectors, ps gear or a bloody valve or something. I’ve had all belts off, new oem belts, new idler, and just put a new bearing in ac pulley. I think all the other noises were hiding this but now it’s really annoying. I can hear it all over the rig, even at the back when when idling. Did replacing the ps gear fix it mate ?

I replaced my PS gear with 44316-60020 and it did not solve the problem. Let me know if anyone was able to resolve this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom