After market fogs to factory switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Curious if anyone knows if this would be possible and safe? I have an ARB bumper without fogs now and want to add some Baja designs squadron back in. Wondering if I could reuse the factory wiring to the switch on the steering column for these?

Totally possible. If you want, add a relay in the system so it's triggered via factory switch but pulls power direct from the battery.

Totally possible. If you want, add a relay in the system so it's triggered via factory switch but pulls power direct from the battery.

I did a bit more digging and from what I can tell the factory switch is already run through a relay fused with a 15 amp fuse. So correct me if I’m wrong but should be totally doable as long as fuse is changed out to the correct fuse for the lights? The squadrons pull less than 5 amps each so a circuit built for 15 should be able to handle it no? I’m a newb when it comes to electrical and don’t want my cruiser to go up in flames.

where are the wires located inside the dash and behind the grill? I'd imagine the connectors would be in the loom regardless of trim on the vehicle

where are the wires located inside the dash and behind the grill? I'd imagine the connectors would be in the loom regardless of trim on the vehicle

PO removed the factory fogs when installing ARB bumper without fogs. So the wiring is tied up behind the grill right now. I think I could use a factory type connector on the squadrons and just plug them in and be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom