• 4bt

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 6.2/6.5 gm diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not understanding the "boring" thing.
Boring adjective

/ˈbɔr·ɪŋ, ˈboʊr-/

Not interesting or exciting:

and to hear the sound of a V8 taking off makes everyone look up
The LS in my angrypig has 8 into 1 exhaust and you are correct sir everyone will sit up and take notice when that biotch starts screaming. So let me restate "Boring" here. Having an LS that just works out of the box and meets every expectation with off the shelf bolt on parts can seem ho-hum when compared to some of the other options.

An LS engine is like being married to a good woman and sitting down every night having civil conversations at meal time, some would call a boring life but most still strive for.

Man, I'm getting grumpy like Bob!
Yeah because one grumpy old fart wasn't enough.

My $500. running om617 has somehow managed to get to $2300, and still not installed. Granted, some of that figure is for “upgrades” and not required. The adapter to mate the om617 to the H55F was an easy $1000 in the number though. Stopped myself from “upgrading “ to a hot rod injection pump. As Bobm always says, “it’s only metal (and money)”.

My $500. running om617 has somehow managed to get to $2300, and still not installed. Granted, some of that figure is for “upgrades” and not required. The adapter to mate the om617 to the H55F was an easy $1000 in the number though. Stopped myself from “upgrading “ to a hot rod injection pump. As Bobm always says, “it’s only metal (and money)”.
What do you have left before it’s in?

1st of all Gas mileage WTF your kidding right! I don't own anything that gets more than 15 MPGs. Trying to lower my Carbon 🦶 print 😉🙂.
2nd of all while is your poor little PIGGY 🐷 behind barbed wire, thats 🐖 abuse!
3rdly whats wrong with Hamburger 🍔 Helper every Tuesday? Mowing I can see thats when my Brain 🧠 blew up!
And last but not least, who the F@#% is MOODY 🤔🤨😠😡🤬🤫🤣

1st of all Gas mileage WTF your kidding right! I don't own anything that gets more than 15 MPGs. Trying to lower my Carbon 🦶 print 😉🙂.
2nd of all while is your poor little PIGGY 🐷 behind barbed wire, thats 🐖 abuse!
3rdly whats wrong with Hamburger 🍔 Helper every Tuesday? Mowing I can see thats when my Brain 🧠 blew up!
And last but not least, who the F@#% is MOODY 🤔🤨😠😡🤬🤫🤣
Well all the other cars make fun of the piggy for getting such poor fuel mileage so I had to put him behind the barb wire because he was getting aggressive about it. 😒😒😏

they still make hamburger helper? 🤮🤮🤮

1st of all Gas mileage WTF your kidding right!

I also laughed at the gas mileage comment. Who drives a pig that worries about gas mileage? That's like driving a Ferrari and worrying about the insurance payment.

I also laughed at the gas mileage comment. Who drives a pig that worries about gas mileage? That's like driving a Ferrari and worrying about the insurance payment.
Because I drive from Westcliffe to Colorado Springs several times a week 140mi round trip and I would like to drive the pig some of that vs letting it sit and only maybe drive it on the weekends. I know fuel is cheaper now but when it jumps back up I won’t cringe at every fuel up. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Westcliffe is not too far from my old home in Nathrop. Mileage is why I went with the om617. Hoping for low 20’s for mpg. Quite a bit left before install. Since my wife’s stroke, time is at a premium. Have learned to do what I can when I can and not fixate on time. I view garage time as therapy from caregiving. I’m 68 and hope to drive it before I’m 70.

Westcliffe is not too far from my old home in Nathrop. Mileage is why I went with the om617. Hoping for low 20’s for mpg. Quite a bit left before install. Since my wife’s stroke, time is at a premium. Have learned to do what I can when I can and not fixate on time. I view garage time as therapy from caregiving. I’m 68 and hope to drive it before I’m 70.
Definitely not far from me at all. I bet you will get the mileage you want considering the car the engine came from is not light itself and the got high 20’s low 30’s.

Nice going @scrapdaddy , now look what you've done ☝
Last time I was here and Suffered all the Abuse 😕 I turn the TV on and what do I see 👀 Grumpy old Men 😠 on the channel 🤔!!!!
20200606_141002.jpg

First thing I thought, too......dirty old men!

“dirty old men”, thirsty for Ann Margret, “wink wink” on grinding, but didn’t pick up on the other meaning of “boring”...

I guess it takes a former well driller.

gas mileage: you pay for your fun. If you like it to get exciting when you stomp on the loud pedal, it’s gunna make yer wallet lighter. As the sign in the speed shop said 40+ years ago: “speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?”

I have a 5.7 vortec plus 4L60e in the 40, was all the rage in 2005. Now it’s has a cracked head. It probably gets replaced with a 1fz-fe and 5-speed when I get back to it. I have a TRD supercharger for it if I can make it fit.

I have another 5.7 + 4L60E sitting on a pallet. Was going in the 62, but it got a turbo 1FZ-FE / A340F.

I think it’s “neat” when you raise the hood and it’s Toyota. Either factory (the wife’s 62 is 100% stock, one of the pigs will be a 2F) or something the factory could have created with a bit of a time warp.

But none of that means y’all’s preferred swap isn’t right for y’all. It’s about the build and then enjoying the results (and fixing it forevermore), not “best”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom