• 4bt

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 6.2/6.5 gm diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Debating on doing and engine swap in my 55. Just curious what others dream of swapping in their Pigs. So far I am heavily leaning to the 1uz.

I’m collecting parts for a 5.3L LS/NV4500 conversion. I got the tranny, which is the hardest part to find.

I’m slowly putting an om617/H55F in my ‘78.

I really like the 1UZ and 2UZ, fantastic engines, cheap, parts everywhere and toyota.

but if we are talking dream...then
I'm going Toyota diesel and 1HD-FT.

If for some reason my 13BT wasn't rebuildable, I'd go 2UZ.
I like those Toyota diesels little bit out of my price range. The one you see is definitely top of my list right now with the guy at the local Land Cruiser shops telling me not to my uncles telling me to put an LS in it. 😂😂😂

I like those Toyota diesels little bit out of my price range. The one you see is definitely top of my list right now with the guy at the local Land Cruiser shops telling me not to my uncles telling me to put an LS in it. 😂😂😂

I hear you for sure. I would still go for the 1UZ/2UZ. I have a 2UZ in my 2006 tundra, love that engine.

I hear you for sure. I would still go for the 1UZ/2UZ. I have a 2UZ in my 2006 tundra, love that engine.
I was looking to see how much of a mess the wiring would be for the 1uz. Doesn’t seem to horribly hard as long as I can get the stock harness.

I originally wanted a Pig to put a 12v 6BT in. The pig I chose came with an SBC. It has been removed and an LS is being put in now mainly because of cost. The LS is probably cliche now but parts are plentiful and inexpensive.

So while the LS is not my dream engine, I am excited for the reliability and possible gas mileage. Plus going to Autozone for parts will be nice.

I originally wanted a Pig to put a 12v 6BT in. The pig I chose came with an SBC. It has been removed and an LS is being put in now mainly because of cost. The LS is probably cliche now but parts are plentiful and inexpensive.

So while the LS is not my dream engine, I am excited for the reliability and possible gas mileage. Plus going to Autozone for parts will be nice.
Simplicity is definitely a plus. Heck the injection pump on the 6bt probably cast the same as your whole LS swap.

That would be a fun setup in a Pig.

He could tell you all about it because that's what his pig has!

Anything's better than a 2F. :flipoff2: I'd be inclined to stick with a straight 6 such as FZ or HZ if possible. Don't know how they would fit though.

I’m planning a TRD super-charged, coil-on-plug, 5.0l 1fz-fe with a h151f in one of the three.

I’m dropping a 1HD-FTE with the Gturbo “red wheel” turbo and a h151 in the 80, so the 74 might eventually get a similar setup. Can’t decide.

Lots of cool engines out there to choose from, depending on what you’re doing with the rig. Some are more problematic than others. Some have lots of trade offs in one or more directions.
I’m currently into the LS engines for a variety of reasons. Power:weight ratio, serpentine belt setup with separate AC belt, distributor-less ignition, plentiful parts, aftermarket support, open programming, starter hangs on the outside like it should.
Cons include that they run hotter and generate more heat, require a high pressure fuel system, have all your potentially problematic electronic components, require some form of VSS setup, need additional hardware and plumbing for the cooling system.
Lots of guys have overcome the conversion hiccups and couldn’t be more happy with the results. Little wonder that they are replacing SBC’s as the new V8 go-to powerplant.

He could tell you all about it because that's what his pig has!

Anything's better than a 2F. :flipoff2: I'd be inclined to stick with a straight 6 such as FZ or HZ if possible. Don't know how they would fit though.
2F tried and true, they don't DIE ☠💀. They're giant and turds 💩. But don't die 😉🤓

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom