Builds 'Brightening' a Fj60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty much ready to roll. Now it’s between Tijuana this weekend or install 🤷🏼‍♂️

272DA90C-8B81-4315-8BE7-D9468FF7DB15.jpeg

85F9AADF-208D-4AC0-905B-F15009CE5A85.jpeg

27DE9F72-2D82-4CAA-9434-89C55D33B090.jpeg

Install man, install.🎯👍

^^^

Good point. And I’m just up the road from him. I’ve got just the spot for it, and he could come up and view at any time. (at least view a facsimile)

Nice restoration work with OEM parts. Has your OEM parts total cost more then the vehicle yet?

Why a new transfer case? Why not rebuild the original?

Nice restoration work with OEM parts. Has your OEM parts total cost more then the vehicle yet?

I feel like if you own a cruiser, your parts total will almost always cost more then your vehicle. Unless you bought it already restored.

And why not a NEW one? The answer is usually because its still available with @mattressking :hillbilly:

35 years old won’t last forever. Buying what I can new so it’s good for another 35 years or more. I hold onto things I deem worthy of clean up or restoration and replace with new on the truck. Plus cost benefit of buying some items new is another reason to why I purchase new. Cost of refinishing sometimes isn’t worth it if available new.

This is also my daily driver and gets substantial use on/off freeway so I need it available at all times. I wanted to assemble h55 with a transfer case so the truck wouldn’t be down for extended time to rebuild/refinish tcase to my specifications, so I bought new. I think out all my options, it’s not an unplanned venture in new purchases. 😉

And I’m sure I’m close or at purchase price of truck. That doesn’t bother me, having a truck that I enjoy and that’s well maintained is what matters.

I feel like if you own a cruiser, your parts total will almost always cost more then your vehicle. Unless you bought it already restored.

And why not a NEW one? The answer is usually because its still available with @mattressking :hillbilly:
I paid $1800 for Chunk. I think I am almost up to that number in parts bought. :cool:

We are certainly fortunate to even be able to buy the H55 and split cases new. That said, I wonder how much longer that will be the case. Keeps me up nights.

We are certainly fortunate to even be able to buy the H55 and split cases new. That said, I wonder how much longer that will be the case. Keeps me up nights.

In the last few years I've seen 2 different split case numbers go dead, 3+ different ones still available as they were used in 7x's much later. H55F's on the other hand. Not only is it a small miracle they are so available in the US, it's honestly pretty shocking they are still available new given the global demand. We try and keep 8-10 of the t-cases around just in case they do dry up, I've at least got a few months to find a new part number that works or put them in the hoard aisle :D

In the last few years I've seen 2 different split case numbers go dead, 3+ different ones still available as they were used in 7x's much later. H55F's on the other hand. Not only is it a small miracle they are so available in the US, it's honestly pretty shocking they are still available new given the global demand. We try and keep 8-10 of the t-cases around just in case they do dry up, I've at least got a few months to find a new part number that works or put them in the hoard aisle :D
Thank you for that!

I'm not afraid of dying, not afraid of the stock market, but if I don't have at least one spare h55/splitcase sitting here before we can't get them anymore I will probably kick my own butt!

Bored after 'work' today. After doing my usual stare down of the engine bay, I realized I can use the stock VSV filters on the VCVs. As is, the filters slide on to the small 3mm vac port. For the large 5.5mm port, I removed the rubber insert on the filter and slid two pieces of heat shrink on the port. Not a necessary change, but with the non-usa air cleaner and still running the entire evap/distributor venting system, it is a nice 'oem' method to seal up the ports venting to atmosphere.

Truck doesn't leak, runs well and goes where I want it to....pretty content right now.

5jaeZTHl.jpg

0rSZ4Fml.jpg

V7rws3Gl.jpg

hZ4Ck62l.jpg

wjzgeY0l.jpg

6VMaYhel.jpg

pfCuWcz.jpg

Bored after 'work' today. After doing my usual stare down of the engine bay, I realized I can use the stock VSV filters on the VCVs. As is, the filters slide on to the small 3mm vac port. For the large 5.5mm port, I removed the rubber insert on the filter and slid two pieces of heat shrink on the port. Not a necessary change, but with the non-usa air cleaner and still running the entire evap/distributor venting system, it is a nice 'oem' method to seal up the ports venting to atmosphere.

Truck doesn't leak, runs well and goes where I want it to....pretty content right now.

5jaeZTHl.jpg

0rSZ4Fml.jpg

V7rws3Gl.jpg

hZ4Ck62l.jpg

wjzgeY0l.jpg

6VMaYhel.jpg

pfCuWcz.jpg

So 👏 Clean 👏

Remind me....is that the 3F intake and air cleaner setup?

5jaeZTHl.jpg

0rSZ4Fml.jpg

V7rws3Gl.jpg

hZ4Ck62l.jpg

wjzgeY0l.jpg

6VMaYhel.jpg

pfCuWcz.jpg

I mean...come on. I guess at least I have some inspiration now.

Remind me....is that the 3F intake and air cleaner setup?

It's the 2F air cleaner and hose, which was 80-84 2F trucks overseas...very difficult to get ahold of, if you ever come across, snatch it up!

I mean...come on. I guess at least I have some inspiration now.

We all need inspiration...here is mine :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom