Took the LX to Peter's Mill Run today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fun time. Never been there before. Got rain today right as we pulled up, which created some mud to add a little fun. Really rocky the whole way, but put the LX in comfort mode and it was a nice ride. Not as fun as flagpole knob, but closer. Have a long list of other trails I want to hit. Budbuilt skids arriving this week and waiting on rock sliders from Slee before I hit anything more difficult.

Last edited:
Fun time. Never been there before. Got rain today right as we pulled up, which created some mud to add a little fun. Really rocky the whole way, but put the LX in comfort mode and it was a nice ride. Not as fun as flagpole knob, but closer. Have a long list of other trails I want to hit. Budbuilt sliders arriving this week and waiting on rock sliders from Slee before I hit anything more difficult.

I'm confused....are you getting Budbuilt or Slee sliders? If Budbuilt, did you install them and if so, what kind of protection do they offer for the AHC components? Thanks!

I'm confused....are you getting Budbuilt or Slee sliders? If Budbuilt, did you install them and if so, what kind of protection do they offer for the AHC components? Thanks!

Sorry typo. Budbuilt "skids" are on. Was on waiting list for Slee sliders but am holding off for now. Slee was selling an AHC add on for the sliders I believe.

Sorry typo. Budbuilt "skids" are on. Was on waiting list for Slee sliders but am holding off for now. Slee was selling an AHC add on for the sliders I believe.

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, Slee does offer the AHC protection. However, the cost is somewhat prohibitive for me once you add everything up. Considering the White Knuckle's. A local guy has them on his LC and likes them. I don't know what kind of AHC protection they offer though since I didn't crawl under his LC and try to visualize all the AHC components. Just posted a thread asking that very question.

Yes, Slee does offer the AHC protection. However, the cost is somewhat prohibitive for me once you add everything up. Considering the White Knuckle's. A local guy has them on his LC and likes them. I don't know what kind of AHC protection they offer though since I didn't crawl under his LC and try to visualize all the AHC components. Just posted a thread asking that very question.
White Knuckle sliders are the best bang for your buck, IMHO.
We installed them on the wife's 4Runner TE with KDSS. It wasn't difficult and they are more than stout enough to protect your rig.

White Knuckle sliders are the best bang for your buck, IMHO.
We installed them on the wife's 4Runner TE with KDSS. It wasn't difficult and they are more than stout enough to protect your rig.

Thanks for the input. However, I've been informed by multiple people that the WK's won't fit the LX as is. The bolt holes don't line up apparently and you'd probably end up having to weld them on.

They are just 3 bars that come off the slider that bolt to the frame. They don't have extra protection for your AHC lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom