Builds Prime builds a 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kinda lost motivation for a few weeks with Cruise Moab cancelled and being stuck at home. Got some new part dopamine via the ARB rear locker arriving so had to take a quick trip to the mountains to escape weekend isolation. This thing is a little tight on the trails...

35043FB6-72B7-4577-8546-E974654B617E.jpeg

52D842AD-3329-4BC2-9816-AE080BAB0617.jpeg

61C317BE-89B7-4E96-9E11-532884B62C40.jpeg

Bumper is an Ironman 4x4:

Thanks for the kind words, y’all. More to come soon.
[/QUOTE
Bumper is an Ironman 4x4:

Thanks for the kind words, y’all. More to come soon.

Sorry I can't tell did you install Premium or Classic Ironman?
Looks fantastic by the way, about to pull a trigger.
One man job possible?

Street cred +50 after cutting those fenders, love it!

Nice build. Curious what the AHC sensor extension brackets and new ‘normal’ setting do to your alignment, and in ‘H’ how it impacts your drivetrain angles?

I am curious of the same thing. I pushed this idea off because of how adjusting sensors within factory parameters affected it, and thought more adjustment would mean even worse handling/turning radius. Even then, for me extra clearance with worse turning angles is still better than less clearance with better turning angles, but worse departure angles. My bike rack is barely getting stuck when I enter a ditch, on the way out.

OP, can you chime in on this? You don’t seem to have any issues which really makes me want to revisit this idea. I would do it with 33s still so I don’t need to regear, but extra clearance to help clear my bike rack would be great! Did you have to add more fluid to the system since you are raising it past factory parameters? I would love to see a post just on this part! It would be very much appreciated.

And I am absolutely in love with the build by the way.

Last edited:
Those cuts look really clean. What tool did you use? I'll be installing Slee rock sliders on my LX 570 this week and need to make the same cuts.

I installed a set of Slee sliders on our LX570 a couple of weekends ago. What cuts are you making? Believe that @Prime bought the Land Cruiser rocker panels so no cutting is required to install the sliders. If you haven't done the install already I'm happy to give you some tips from my experience; parts of the install can be a real pain.

As for Prime, the build is looking great. Would love some more info and pics of your AHC bracket and mounting modifications.

Last edited:
Very strong work! I would love to get together on the trail sometime to see this machine put in work. I am local to you (Marietta) and would also like to see those drawers in person as I have started a drawer build myself and think I would benefit from seeing yours, they look great!

smitty

Very strong work! I would love to get together on the trail sometime to see this machine put in work. I am local to you (Marietta) and would also like to see those drawers in person as I have started a drawer build myself and think I would benefit from seeing yours, they look great!

smitty

I'm in for getting out there. Would love to see that beast in action. Nice work Prime!

Those cuts look really clean. What tool did you use?

I installed a set of Slee sliders on our LX570 a couple of weekends ago? What cuts are you making? Believe that @Prime bought the Land Cruiser rocker panels so no cutting is required to install the sliders. If you haven't done the install already I'm happy to give you some tips from my experience; parts of the install can be a real pain.

Hey guys, I cut the factory LX panels. I used a cut off wheel on just like pretty much everything that's been cut on it.

I am curious of the same thing. I pushed this idea off because of how adjusting sensors within factory parameters affected it, and thought more adjustment would mean even worse handling/turning radius. Even then, for me extra clearance with worse turning angles is still better than less clearance with better turning angles, but worse departure angles. My bike rack is barely getting stuck when I enter a ditch, on the way out.

OP, can you chime in on this? You don’t seem to have any issues which really makes me want to revisit this idea. I would do it with 33s still so I don’t need to regear, but extra clearance to help clear my bike rack would be great! Did you have to add more fluid to the system since you are raising it past factory parameters? I would love to see a post just on this part! It would be very much appreciated.

And I am absolutely in love with the build by the way.

The suspension setup is just OK which I why I haven't been super vocal about it. I didn't add any additional fluid but I do have spacers to install front and rear which could offset some of the pressure and make it better.

smitty

I'm in for getting out there. Would love to see that beast in action. Nice work Prime!

Same here!

I'm down! I got our first baby on the way in early September so life has been a little hectic but definitely interested in meeting up with some other cruiser folk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom