Camp music (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sound travels a long way, generally music is a personal choice so discretion is important. If I camp I don’t want to hear it. I’ll tell you.
But last time I camped I was a good 200 kms from the nearest person. That’s why I camp.

Gordon Lightfoot in the evening and Jimmy Hendrix star spangled banner first thing in the morning. Other than that, I prefer the noise my pipe makes when I inhale.

No music. No TV. No phone. I take the phone with me but as soon as I get to camp it gets plugged in to power and turned off. I go boon docking to get away from city stuff and people related activities. I do like and listen to music on the way to and from my destination, Country or Classic rock.
Natures music is the best of all.

What's not too loud a level for music? I guess we all have our own definitions. Mine is if I can hear it it's too loud. Same goes for barking dogs. :cool:

Music for me tends to trigger memories and emotions both good and bad. So when I camp I try to build new memories and use nature as the back drop. Plus I cant stand the music my girls (wife included) listen to but thats beside the point.

It amazes me how many people at public campgrounds just don't care that their music is loud enough to be heard at multiple other sites.
For that reason alone is why its best to stick to the backcountry when it comes to camping. Too many glampers esp at the national parks.

My son and I were camped in a box canyon outside of Taos. He was in high school orchestra/band, and brought his alto sax with him. One night he played a little jazz that echoed off the walls of the canyon. it was heaven. Other than that, I prefer silence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom