Petrol to Diesel conversion ?diesel engine & kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a mint 83 fj-45 cruiser, I would like to replace my stock 2-f with a diesel that gives me at least the power and speed of my 2-f. I am running a 5 speed land cruiser gear box. I would like to keep the cruiser as stock as possible. Parts here in Zimbabwe are a problem. The engine would probably be purchased in South Africa (those dutchmen are no cheap and a few other not so nice comments will be deleted).

Look for a 12ht or 1HZ engine so your h55 spline will fit
The more that I research the 12ht the more I think that is the way that I want to go. We have several cruisers that we use in our safari business. At this time we have 1 84 fj-47 2H, 2 fj-45 83 & 84 2F, 1 75 series 1z after mkt. turbo, 1 79 series 1 HZ, 1 79 series 1HDT. Believe it or not that old fj-47 with the 2H will keep up with all of them!

The more that I research the 12ht the more I think that is the way that I want to go. We have several cruisers that we use in our safari business. At this time we have 1 84 fj-47 2H, 2 fj-45 83 & 84 2F, 1 75 series 1z after mkt. turbo, 1 79 series 1 HZ, 1 79 series 1HDT. Believe it or not that old fj-47 with the 2H will keep up with all of them!

tell me about the 1KZ with turbo - is it fitted in one of the 40 series or in the original 70 series?

, I would like to replace my stock 2-f with a diesel that gives me at least the power and speed of my 2-

By own definition you are looking for a 1Hzzzzzz then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom