What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had the local Toyota dealer replace transmission fluid. It continues to shift as smoothly as ever.

Also, it finally got warm enough here that real AC cooling was needed. Unfortunately it looks like my AC is no longer blowing cold :bang:

I had a shop replace the rear AC lines a couple years ago and it was super expensive so I am really hoping this is something minor

Had the local Toyota dealer replace transmission fluid. It continues to shift as smoothly as ever.

Also, it finally got warm enough here that real AC cooling was needed. Unfortunately it looks like my AC is no longer blowing cold :bang:

I had a shop replace the rear AC lines a couple years ago and it was super expensive so I am really hoping this is something minor
I have yet to find a way to check pressures on the high and low side but I remembered the last time AC was charged they had put a dye in it. This morning I started looking for any tell-tale signs and spotted this gem right away! Could it be a missing O-ring? any part numbers?

20200528_082244.jpg

20200528_082302.jpg

I have yet to find a way to check pressures on the high and low side but I remembered the last time AC was charged they had put a dye in it. This morning I started looking for any tell-tale signs and spotted this gem right away! Could it be a missing O-ring? any part numbers?

View attachment 2321584

View attachment 2321585
That comin off the dryer ? Dryers prolly full of rubbish . Check condition of ac compressor too., if the dryer not doin it’s job the compressor goes bad as well idk how old car is how many kms

That comin off the dryer ? Dryers prolly full of rubbish . Check condition of ac compressor too., if the dryer not doin it’s job the compressor goes bad as well idk how old car is how many kms
260 K miles.
I think I will start a new thread for this.

View attachment 2321584

View attachment 2321585

Your local parts store will have the o-rings you need. There are only a couple of sizes and I believe they are pretty much standard.

Your local parts store will have the o-rings you need. There are only a couple of sizes and I believe they are pretty much standard.
Found part numbers:
AC Bolt 91651-F0625
O ring 90099-14120

Moved a ScanGauge from @CruiserGarage ashtray mount:

To the @BenCC M12V3 overhead mount:

So I can use the CruiserGarage ashtray mount, for the remote head of a ham radio...

I've got mount envy... you have all the cool mounts!!

Replaced the radiator.

I'd had the radiator replaced when I bought the truck, along with TB/WP service. Well, mine has evidently been slowly leaking for a while and I never considered it because...New.

So I swapped in a CSF and burped it.

Also replaced the remaining 7 ignition coils that weren't replaced when one went bad a few weeks back. Now I have spares that I'm giving to my friends on a trail ride this weekend!

Lastly, reinstalled my sliders to prep for this weekend. I may be a moron, but I think I'm the only person I know with noisy sliders. So what I did was buy a 1'x4' section of under-the-tub liner. Dense, thin, cheap. I put a layer on the bottom of each slider foot and then a layer around the top, inside, and bottom edges of my frame rails. Now there's no metal on metal from the sliders and hopefully they don't friggin creak all weekend.

260 K miles.
I think I will start a new thread for this.
Did u start a new thread? Looks like inlet or is it outlet pipe into the condenser? def looks like that o ring will need replacing. Vacuum the old gas out, take apart that fitting, put new o-ring in, regas then see if it holds pressure. If does fixed, see if cold.

After that side is done, rip off the glove compartment fitting, check the evapourator, clean if you want. Spray with a evap cleaner solution then DIY some sort of hose sprayer, that can get in there and get to the coils from the right angle. I used a weed sprayer but the angle of the tip was still not sufficient angle. Reckon I got about 50% of the coils clean. Will make something better one day, long thin pipe, then cable tie hose to the end and stick it in there. Cleaning the evap seems to improve it a little better as well, even tho I didn't do my completely. Don't put too much water in there

Pulled the right front lower control arm to gain access to the bushing on the frame and to replace it. I'm getting faster at swapping LCAs these days.

Did u start a new thread? Looks like inlet or is it outlet pipe into the condenser? def looks like that o ring will need replacing. Vacuum the old gas out, take apart that fitting, put new o-ring in, regas then see if it holds pressure. If does fixed, see if cold.

After that side is done, rip off the glove compartment fitting, check the evapourator, clean if you want. Spray with a evap cleaner solution then DIY some sort of hose sprayer, that can get in there and get to the coils from the right angle. I used a weed sprayer but the angle of the tip was still not sufficient angle. Reckon I got about 50% of the coils clean. Will make something better one day, long thin pipe, then cable tie hose to the end and stick it in there. Cleaning the evap seems to improve it a little better as well, even tho I didn't do my completely. Don't put too much water in there

I haven't started the thread or made much progress - parts should be arriving today!
I cleaned evaporator under the dash about a year ago and then opened up the box under the glove compartment again about 5 months ago while chasing an outside air influx from the bulkhead. The evaporator is as clean as a whistle, there are no signs of dye in or around it.

Soooo 180K miles....so I need to replace the coils (shock) or are those pretty much bullet proof??? TIA!
For shocks... yeah 180k is a little far for a set.
Buy a flex head ratcheting wrench cheap on Amazon and soak them with PB Blaster... easy peasy. They're 22mm if I remember correctly?
Amazon product ASIN B00VX71ZK8
Replacing the coils might not be necessary. If you do consider an upgrade like an ARB 860
The coils are even easier. Jack one side up oppostite of what you're working on, stand on the brake rotor, springs will usually fall out.

Gave the 100 its first oil change since we bought it a couple months ago. It was time to give it some fresh Mobile synthetic and a proper OEM oil filter. This Oil Filter brand oil filter was a good laugh.
49928578281_0d4f3b2856_c.jpg

There is a clunk sensation upon acceleration that I have noticed lately. Time to start hunting for the source in the suspension/drivelines. Its annoying!
Lube your prop shaft universals and sliders (six zerks total) and the clunk will be gone!

Lube your prop shaft universals and sliders (six zerks total) and the clunk will be gone!
On the to do list this weekend. Thanks! Looking forward to a clunk free ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom