Builds Red Dragon - HJ61 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They are both the wrong size and wheel pattern, they are here for an upcoming 200 project. I'm just pondering wheel color.

Oops. What exactly is rallying? Always happy to replace a driveshaft rather than something more major. I think bronze looks nice. Cygnus white would look good too I think.

Rallying = just out driving a 40 faster than it is made it go in the desert and dunes :D

I too am glad the driveshaft went. I carry a spare shaft so we really were not down for long at all.

Oops. What exactly is rallying? Always happy to replace a driveshaft rather than something more major. I think bronze looks nice. Cygnus white would look good too I think.

As for the white. I still have the x5 whites that it came with. I'd need to clean them up and likely get them blasted/coated but they would look neat.

1590385488390.png

Do that bronze color on a set of Toyota steelies.

I'm really contemplating it. I'll have to see what my powdercoater has avail that would be similar.

As for the white. I still have the x5 whites that it came with. I'd need to clean them up and likely get them blasted/coated but they would look neat.

View attachment 2318102

Well, you know all about how i feel on the bronze wheel bullsh!t already. :deadhorse:

Its all about this stock white right here if it were me. :cool: Love the whites under the red.

I too am feeling the white. I'm going to get the old white ones back over to the powder coater.

White wheels with bigger tires and a lift. can't beat that recipe.

Also is it a full trim or half trim in the trunk area? I want someone to recreate the trim piece on the C pillar that finishes the headliner and goes to body instead of the plastic trim we got in USA. I can't even find a pic thats clear enough to show what I mean.

White wheels with bigger tires and a lift. can't beat that recipe.

Also is it a full trim or half trim in the trunk area? I want someone to recreate the trim piece on the C pillar that finishes the headliner and goes to body instead of the plastic trim we got in USA. I can't even find a pic thats clear enough to show what I mean.

I'll snap a pic tomorrow of the interior

Sliders mounted

20200528_001937.jpg

Rear bumper mounted

20200528_001954.jpg

Need to align and tighten both. Also got the tie rod ends and new steering tubes/clamps installed.

I shouldn't be anywhere near the 60 series section... but subbed :beer:

The lights look great! Are the signal lights in your bumper oriented differently on purpose?

The lights look great! Are the signal lights in your bumper oriented differently on purpose?

No, they are just stuffed in the holes. I need to mount them, center them in the cutouts and fish the wiring through the back of the front side of the bumper.

Life has been crazy busy the last few months and I haven’t had a chance to tag back in on Mud as of late. I dedicated my Sunday to getting caught up with the PMs and my build thread :D

I have been absolutely loving the HJ61 this summer. It performed absolutely flawlessly on my Montana trip outside of a little bit of coolant smell on the drive home. It turned out to be a weeping coolant hose so I went ahead and replaced all the front end cooling hoses and belts. Other than that I’ve been driving it to work and camping out of it all summer. :cool:

6E7236D1-B624-4206-9B81-A66406DF533D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom