Reverse Lights upgrade in the rear reflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric Sarjeant

Ed Martin Toyota (Indianapolis)
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.edmartintoyota.com
This is a quick video showing the reverse light upgrade for the rear reflectors using the Rigid Industries D-Series Pro diffused lights (midnight edition and standard edition). I am going to post another video with our spoiler reverse light upgrade next week.

We use the existing reflector because it's the correct shape and has proper clips. We also offer this upgrade in color-matched color.

I got to tell you Eric. I am seriously enjoying your posts. This is a perfect example. Simple - yet it makes a big difference. I got a 2014 LX. If you come across ideas for the LX please post. Thanks. I am enjoying this a lot.

Lights on

B9007782-63FE-4554-AEE7-2001D260DD5A.jpeg

344689A0-7D3D-40A1-838E-398D0EAF8EBE.jpeg

C238B71E-D9A9-4DD2-84AB-5C10D9711329.jpeg

A060FC38-E792-4943-9C10-9AA3AD5665E0.jpeg

E33E82A0-8F5B-422F-9B46-2C4D552C0628.jpeg

how do we buy this kit???

I'll ask my body shop manager about making some extra.

These would probably sell like hot cakes. I know I don't have plans for a rear bumper and this is a very good solution for rear lighting.

Possibly even 3D printed depending on the cost of the original part.

I have those same lights in my RLC rear bumper and I can attest that they are SERIOUSLY bright. I actually had to get the special Rigid bezels to point them down some.

IMG_20200411_192338.jpg

If you do this awesome upgrade, avoid the temptation to get the cheapo $20 "Nilight" lights on Amazon that look just like the Rigids. You will be sorry, and replacing them probably within a year. They will leak, water will get inside, and they will stop working. That's what was in my bumper when I got it, and they failed. Junk.

In for this as well if you offer them for sale.

Nice mod, only problem I see with it is that it ditches the rear reflector. It would be fine if the tail lights themselves have refectors in them but they don’t. Could be a liability issue in an accident

Eric, I could have used those where I live. Let’s get those added next time 😊. How long is the install?

Eric, I could have used those where I live. Let’s get those added next time 😊. How long is the install?
Typically a few days. We’ll do it with the Kings

What will the price be for these awesome lights?
I’ll follow up soon with pricing for a kit. Doing 10 sets may get the costs down.

So, the install is not straight forward on a stock vehicle? Two days ??
I’m at the mercy of my body shop, they do the cutting, filling, sanding, prepping, and painting. I’m sure they could do it in a day, but unfortunately, doesn’t really work out that way.

Not to discourage people doing this mod, because it is definitely awesome, but you can get a similar benefit from installing Rigid Ignite diffused LEDs in the reflector lenses. I posted how to do this over the winter. It isn't an especially difficult DIY, especially if you can reuse your reflectors.

8FCB3605-1E8E-441F-96EF-285AE1A3DDEF.jpeg

Nice mod, only problem I see with it is that it ditches the rear reflector. It would be fine if the tail lights themselves have refectors in them but they don’t. Could be a liability issue in an accident

So...
Add a reflector anywhere you like. :meh:
Reflectors are shallow, passive, and easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom