60 Coil Spring Conversion For 60 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
This kit is being finished up this week for the front and rear.

All frame brackets, properly ramped axle coil buckets to accept 80 coils, axle brackets for radius arms, panhards, rear upper and lower control arms with crossmember, front upper coil and shock towers, rear upper coil buckets with shock mounts and transmission crossmember adapter brackets.

We have had excellent results with the 80 axle swap and are finally caught up on all fabrication and orders. Total of 34 kits out in the world now in 5 countries.

We are also working with a few in Australia to get all of these kits through engineering for use on Australian roads. We have 7 kits there already, but for offroad use only.

Stay tuned for more to come on these and then the 60 axle to 40 frame is next, almost all brackets are finished up in CAD and we have the 40 donor in the shop now ready to go.

J

All coil kits and we are doing everything possible to design on a 1:1 ratio.

Will there be any sort of wheelbase stretch on the ‘40? Particularly in the rear?

I want to fit 37s, and I think I could with a 4” suspension lift and tube fenders, but I would also like the rear end moved back a few inches (nothing crazy). Not sure if that’s the market you’re aiming for but this sounds like a much better way to go than a low springover!

Will there be any sort of wheelbase stretch on the ‘40? Particularly in the rear?

I want to fit 37s, and I think I could with a 4” suspension lift and tube fenders, but I would also like the rear end moved back a few inches (nothing crazy). Not sure if that’s the market you’re aiming for but this sounds like a much better way to go than a low springover!

This will be designed on a centered solution. All you would have to do is move it back exactly the dimensions you want to achieve on both sides.

This will be designed on a centered solution. All you would have to do is move it back exactly the dimensions you want to achieve on both sides.

I’m really looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this; it seems to me like the frame width taper where the rear control arms would need to mount might be an issue. I assume you have something other than what I’m picturing figured out, though!

I’m really looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this; it seems to me like the frame width taper where the rear control arms would need to mount might be an issue. I assume you have something other than what I’m picturing figured out, though!

RUCAs are on a 20.25" center. It'll fit fine for my design.

J

I’m stoked for this kit. I just bought an HJ61 and am now planning to do this with the 5” springs from my HDJ81. Anymore update on this? Pictures/Price?

We are still working on getting this finished up. Been busy with other orders and product development.

J

Sweet, well I’ll be one of the early adopters of this for sure. 😄

A little teaser pic of the 62 housing stripped and ready for brackets.

IMG_20200616_123419761.jpg

Will be ready to ship kits in approx. 2 weeks.

PM me for pricing and details.

Jason
Are the kits one off or will they be a stocked item?
Thanks, Trace

Several have been asking for this kit. 60 axles for a 40/55 and 60 series. This uses a 60 axle with 80 coils and shocks, radius arms and panhard bar.

This is a 1:1 ratio kit... want a 2" lift ... order 2" lift coils.

Kit includes ALL brackets to convert your front to a 60 axle and 80 series components.

Currently ONLY offering to Trail Tailor Customs customers.

IMG_20200720_135644933.jpg

IMG_20200720_135635385.jpg

IMG_20200720_135638278.jpg

IMG_20200720_135939659.jpg

IMG_20200720_135918132.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to options for a 40/45/47 - this is gonna be sweet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom